BEAMSTART Logo
Want to share news to millions of readers?

Facebook is experimenting with letting users help write speech rules

The Verge LogoThe Verge1w ago

Facebook is experimenting with letting users help write speech rules - The Verge

Quick Summary:

Instead, it’s left to company executives and their policy teams, who often do consult experts, human rights groups, and other stakeholders.

In a survey after the process, 80 percent of participants said Facebook users like them should have a say in policy development.(I’d love to ask the other 20 percent a few questions!

Citing the work Aviv Ovadya, a technologist who recently published a paper on what he calls “platform democracy,” I suggested that social networks could build trust by inviting average people into the policymaking process.


More Pictures

Facebook is experimenting with letting users help write speech rules - The Verge (Picture 1)Facebook is experimenting with letting users help write speech rules - The Verge (Picture 2)Facebook is experimenting with letting users help write speech rules - The Verge (Picture 3)

or

Article Details

Category: Technology

Topics: Platforms Climate Facebook Meta Policy Users Process It’s Company Groups Platform

Source Website Secure: Yes (HTTPS)

News Sentiment: Neutral

Fact Checked: Legitimate

Article Type: News Report

Published On: 2022-09-21, 13:30:00

News Timezone: GMT -5:00

News Source URL: theverge.com

Language: English

Reading Time: 13 minutes read

Article Length: 2255 words

Coverage Area: United States

Availability: Desktop Web, Mobile Web

News ID: 448404

View Article Analysis

About The Verge

The Verge Logo

Main Topics: Technology

Official Website: theverge.com

Update Frequency: 14 posts per day

Year Established: 2011

Headquarters: United States

News Last Updated: 8h ago

Coverage Areas: United States

Ownership: Independent Company

Publication Timezone: GMT -5:00

News Language: English

RSS Feed: Available (XML)

Website Security: Secure (HTTPS)

Publisher ID: #31

Publisher Details

BEAMSTART brings you the latest news, jobs, and events from all around the world on startups, technology, and business. Stay updated with industry news, plug-in to exciting events, and discover incredible career opportunities with the world's most innovative companies.

© Copyright 2022 BEAMSTART. All Rights Reserved.