BEAMSTART Logo

Dollar hits new 24-year peak to yen as Bank of Japan stays dovish

Business Standard LogoBusiness Standard2 mo ago

Dollar hits new 24-year peak to yen as Bank of Japan stays dovish - Business Standard

Quick Summary:

The greenback had already pushed to a new 37-year peak to sterling ahead of the Bank of England's policy announcement later in the day, and to a two-decade top versus the euro.

The market currently sees 80% odds for a 75 bps rate hike by the BOE, and 20% probably of a half point increase.The Aussie dropped 0.47% to $0.6602 after having touched $0.6583, its lowest since mid-2020.

The dollar index - which measures the greenback against a basket of six counterparts including the yen, euro and sterling - had earlier risen as high as 111.79 for the first time since mid-2002.


More Pictures


or

Article Details

Author / Journalist: Reuters

Category: EconomyFinance

Markets:

Topics:

Source Website Secure: Yes (HTTPS)

News Sentiment: Neutral

Fact Checked: Legitimate

Article Type: News Report

Published On: 2022-09-22 @ 12:48:00 (2 months ago)

News Timezone: GMT +5:00

Ranking: #977 (out of 3307 stories this day)

News Source URL: business-standard.com

Language: English

Article Length: 832 words

Reading Time: 5 minutes read

Sentences: 23 lines

Sentence Length: 37 words per sentence (average)

Platforms: Desktop Web, Mobile Web, iOS App, Android App

Copyright Owner: © Business Standard

News ID: 464388

View Article Analysis

About Business Standard

Business Standard Logo

Main Topics: EconomyFinance

Official Website: business-standard.com

Update Frequency: 150 posts per day

Year Established: 1975

Headquarters: India

News Last Updated: 2 hours ago

Coverage Areas: India

Ownership: Independent Company

Publication Timezone: GMT +5:00

Content Availability: Worldwide

News Language: English

RSS Feed: Available (XML)

API Access: Available (JSON, REST)

Website Security: Secure (HTTPS)

Publisher ID: #49

Publisher Details

Frequently Asked Questions

How long will it take to read this news story?

The story "Dollar hits new 24-year peak to yen as Bank of Japan stays dovish" has 832 words across 23 sentences, which will take approximately 4 - 7 minutes for the average person to read.

Which news outlet covered this story?

The story "Dollar hits new 24-year peak to yen as Bank of Japan stays dovish" was covered 2 months ago by Business Standard, a news publisher based in India.

How trustworthy is 'Business Standard' news outlet?

Business Standard is a fully independent (privately-owned) news outlet established in 1975 that covers mostly economy and finance news.

The outlet is headquartered in India and publishes an average of 150 news stories per day.

It's most recent story was published 2 hours ago.

What do people currently think of this news story?

The sentiment for this story is currently Neutral, indicating that people are not responding positively or negatively to this news.

How do I report this news for inaccuracy?

You can report an inaccurate news publication to us via our contact page. Please also include the news #ID number and the URL to this story.
  • News ID: #464388
  • URL: https://beamstart.com/news/dollar-hits-new-24-year-16638319425713

BEAMSTART brings you the latest news, jobs, and events from all around the world on startups, technology, and business. Stay updated with industry news, plug-in to exciting events, and discover incredible career opportunities with the world's most innovative companies.

© Copyright 2022 BEAMSTART. All Rights Reserved.