Poladrone, an end-to-end drone solutions startup from Malaysia has raised US $4.29 million in a seed funding round.
The amount raised is also the highest amount ever raised for a seed round in the country.
- Wavemaker Partners led the round, with participation from Malaysia Technology Development Corporation (MTDC), ZB Capital Limited, and angel investors.
- The funding will allow the company to scale up operations across the region, and to attract top-tier talent to improve product offerings.
- Poladrone was founded in 2016 by Cheong Jin Xi, with operations in Malaysia and Thailand.
Why It Matters
- Moving forward, Poladrone is setting up Service Centres in agricultural towns across Malaysia and Thailand to offer "Sales, Service, and Spare Parts" for drones.
- As most drone-related operations happen far from metropolitan areas, Poladrone's Service Centres will provide better accessibility to customers to quickly maintain or repair their equipment.
- Poladrone has also recently launched Mist Drone – a blanket spraying agriculture drone for open field crops.