Philippines online insurance startup, Kwik.insure, has formed a new partnership with e-commerce giant Lazada to give free COVID-19 insurance to Filipinos.
Customers will be qualified for free COVID-19 insurance vouchers upon every successful bill transaction using the Lazada wallet.
- Kwik.insure stated that the customers will be receiving a free COVID-19 Kwik assist voucher providing a month-long coverage of P10,500 for death or sickness caused by COVID-19.
- Hamilton Angluben, CEO of Kwik.insure said that this partnership with Lazada is a great way to reach out to Filipinos at this time of pandemic especially that there is a 'low insurance penetration rate' in the country.
- Angluben added that it will also be a platform to educate Filipino families that insurance is essential and it does not require complex processes.
- The promo will run until October 2021 with a limited number of saving 10 insurance vouchers a month.
Why it Matters
- This partnership is initiated by Kwik.insure for the primary reason of increasing the Philippines' insurance penetration rate.
- Carlos Barrera, chief operating officer of Lazada Philippines stated that the e-commerce giant is inclusive of promotions and services that will ensure the needs of their customers.
- Aside from Lazada, Kwik.insure announced that they are still open for deals with other businesses.