HungryGoWhere, the popular website to discover places to eat in Singapore, will be closing down.
The website has been operational for 15 years under Singtel, who has decided to officially cease its operations from 11th July, 2021.
- HungryGoWhere is closing its doors after being in the market for close to 15 years.
- The site was launched back in 2006, and was acquired by Singtel in 2014 for SGD $12 million.
- The company's HungryRewards programme will be discontinued from 30th June, and users can convert their existing "Hungry$" into Singtel Dash credits (Hungry$ not transferred by 30th June will be voided).
- HungryGoWhere will still be accepting reservations until 11th July, but will not be charging merchant partners for both June and July to "thank them for their support".
Why It Matters
- HungryGoWhere's closure was the result of "severe challenges" faced in the F&B industry due to the global pandemic.
- The industry has also been increasingly competitive with many new players offering similar services at significantly lower prices.
- Back in May 2014 (after the acquisition), HungryGoWhere had over 8.2 million page views.