Prominent venture capital firm, Gobi Partners, has announced a new pitching competition in collaboration with MDEC, Sunnway iLabs, Malaysia Venture Capital Management, and Alibaba Business School.
The pitching competition, dubbed the Superseed II Championship, will allow early stage Malaysia-based startups to secure up to RM15 million (US $3.5 million) in funding from Gobi Partners' SuperSeed Fund II and MDEC.
Criteria to participate in the program are as follows:
- Company incorporated in Malaysia
- Company consists of Malaysian founder(s) or shareholder(s)
- Substantial operations in Malaysia
- Concrete plans to expand to Malaysia
- Open to early stage startups ranging from Seed to Pre-Series A Rounds
Winning startups are eligible for the following prizes:
- Up to RM 15,000,000* in funding from SuperSeed Fund II and a potential grant from MDEC.
- A chance to attend a suitable entrepreneurship program by Alibaba Business School.
- A wild card entry to Sunway Group’s iLab Accelerator Program.
Deadline for registrations is 11 PM, 22nd June 2020.
Interested startups can submit their applications here.