Kenneth Ho11 Sep, 2019
Latest business and technology news across the world (September 11th) in partnership with Chinaccelerator.
Across the World:
1. Foundation Capital just closed its ninth fund with US$350 million in capital commitments.
2. Shopify acquires 6 River Systems for US$450 million to expand its AI-powered fulfillment network.
3. Rivian, an adventure-minded electric automaker, lands US$350 million investment from Cox Automotive.
4. Singapore-based Online realtor PropertyGuru plans up to US$274.2m Australian IPO.
5. Neighborhood social network Nextdoor closes US$170 million round.
6. London- and Boston-based Snyk grabs US$70M more to detect security vulnerabilities in open source code and containers.
7. JobTeaser scores £45M for its graduate recruitment platform.
8. WaveOptics, a UK-based startup, closes US$39 million investment to scale AR display technology.
9. Volta raises US$20 million more to expand its network of electric car chargers.
10. Food tech startup Strong Roots raises US$18 million for vegetable-based frozen products.
11. Caper, a New York-based smart grocery cart startup, bags US$10 million.
12. Danish startup Pento raises US$2.8M seed round for its payroll SaaS.
News in China:
1. Sky9 Capital 云九资本 closed a US$440 million new fund.
2. Alibaba announced that it aims by 2036 to serve 2 billion costumers, create 100 million jobs and support 10 million small businesses to realize profit.
3. JD.com 京东 launched new online trading platform for logistics vehicles, called 京东云箱.
4. NetEase developing AI to turn selfies into 3D game avatars.
5. Byton 拜腾汽车, new energy vehicle company, completed US$500M in Series C.
6. Shanghai Henlius Biotech launches US$477m HK IPO.
7. Insilico Medicine, AI medicine research and development company, completed US$37 million in series B financing.
8. Neural Galaxy 优脑银河 received US$42M angel funding round to accelerate research and development to tackle brain diseases.
9. Shenzhen-based SimShine raises US$8 million for home security cameras that use edge computing.
1. San Francisco-based Mithril Capital to invest US$45m in India AI startup Glance.
2. TikTok narrows focus to US, Japan, and India as key growth markets.
3. Grab Financial to launch Singapore-Philippines remittance corridor by year-end.
4. JD.com along with Thai retail giant Central Group launch financial services app in Thailand.
News on Emerging Markets:
1. Gojek kicks off its own accelerator, Gojek Xcelerate, aimed at Indonesian startups with positive impact on society.
2. Grab Indonesia adds in collaboration with Indonesian startup Sejasa on-demand cleaning and repair services.
3. Indian home loan company Aptus Value Housing received US$122m in funding.
4. Indian HCL Technologies acquires Sankalp Semiconductor, semiconductor design company, for US$25m.
5. Gojek’s Go-Ventures leads US$3m funding in Indonesian fintech firm Pluang.