Log In / Sign Up
One of Taiwan's largest Startup Festivals, Meet Taipei, kicks off today.
Bringing together thousands of attendees and over 400 exhibiting startups across Asia.
Xiaomi invests in EV startup, XPeng — raises $400 million in funding for growth
XPeng is now valued at $4 billion.
Taiwan Startup Stadium to hold regional startup conference, #AsiaRocks
Helping local and overseas startups expand their businesses in this thriving APAC region
Foreign investments in Philippines decrease further in August.
Foreign investments since January are 40% lower compared to the same period last year.
5 cool gadgets you'll find only at Global Sources
Some seem silly, but they're also practical
Samsung backs Singapore’s fintech startup M-DAQ — closing its pre-series D round
M-DAQ will expand in Korea with Samsung’s support.
Over US$10 billion spent in half an hour on Alibaba's 11.11 shopping event.
The largest spending in half an hour on a single day.
Indonesia to host the wold’s largest electronics trade fair in December 2019
Hong Kong’s Global Sources Electronic will host the event in Jakarta.
Global Sources Fashion Show set to host the largest fashion collection exhibition in Hong Kong in 2020
It aims to serve as a one-stop destination show for fashion sourcing needs.
Global Sources Lifestyle Show exhibited innovative lifestyle products — available for your e-commerce product sourcing
Local designers from Hong Kong designed these products.
These are the highlights of product segment to experience at the Global Sources Consumer Electronic Hong Kong 2020
The event sets to be the largest electronic sourcing show in the world exhibiting over 7,800 booths
Samsung-backed Swingvy to host LIFT — A conference focused on creating better workplaces.
Because employees are the greatest assets of companies.
DrinkEntrepreneurs Malaysia to host largest Startup Party this November 14th, 2019.
Over 300 tickets were purchased in the first 8 hours.
Esports startup EVOS raises $4.4 million in Series A round — tapping into gaming influencer management market in SEA
The influencer market in SEA grows to provide entertainment content for esports.
Indonesia’s Gojek to pilot test bike-hailing service in Malaysia starting January 2020
Something Grab isn't offering in Malaysia currently.
Google buys Fitbit for US $2.1 billion
The wearables market is a US $25 billion industry.
Foodpanda will deliver more than just food in Singapore — it will deliver groceries, flowers, and more
Foodpanda to keep on expanding its service range in the future.
Asia Innovative Agency holds first ever Next-Generation Business Summit in Penang.
Innovatif+ brought together world-class business leaders, next-generation entrepreneurs, investors, and more.
Meet one of the most captivating exhibitors at Global Sources Hong Kong.
Selling Light Sabers and Cool Merchandise.
Featured: Hoby Packaging at Global Sources Hong Kong is making innovative gifts and home products.
The aim is to make sustainable products with style.
Vietnam's government brings highest number companies to Global Sources trade-show in Hong Kong.
Over 40 Vietnamese Fashion Companies Participated in the Cross Border Trade-Show.
Gojek launches own accelerator, Gojek Xcelerate; TikTok focusing on US, Japan, and India.
Kenneth Ho11 Sep, 2019
Latest business and technology news across the world (September 11th) in partnership with Chinaccelerator.
Across the World:
1. Foundation Capital just closed its ninth fund with US$350 million in capital commitments.
2. Shopify acquires 6 River Systems for US$450 million to expand its AI-powered fulfillment network.
3. Rivian, an adventure-minded electric automaker, lands US$350 million investment from Cox Automotive.
4. Singapore-based Online realtor PropertyGuru plans up to US$274.2m Australian IPO.
5. Neighborhood social network Nextdoor closes US$170 million round.
6. London- and Boston-based Snyk grabs US$70M more to detect security vulnerabilities in open source code and containers.
7. JobTeaser scores £45M for its graduate recruitment platform.
8. WaveOptics, a UK-based startup, closes US$39 million investment to scale AR display technology.
9. Volta raises US$20 million more to expand its network of electric car chargers.
10. Food tech startup Strong Roots raises US$18 million for vegetable-based frozen products.
11. Caper, a New York-based smart grocery cart startup, bags US$10 million.
12. Danish startup Pento raises US$2.8M seed round for its payroll SaaS.
News in China:
1. Sky9 Capital 云九资本 closed a US$440 million new fund.
2. Alibaba announced that it aims by 2036 to serve 2 billion costumers, create 100 million jobs and support 10 million small businesses to realize profit.
3. JD.com 京东 launched new online trading platform for logistics vehicles, called 京东云箱.
4. NetEase developing AI to turn selfies into 3D game avatars.
5. Byton 拜腾汽车, new energy vehicle company, completed US$500M in Series C.
6. Shanghai Henlius Biotech launches US$477m HK IPO.
7. Insilico Medicine, AI medicine research and development company, completed US$37 million in series B financing.
8. Neural Galaxy 优脑银河 received US$42M angel funding round to accelerate research and development to tackle brain diseases.
9. Shenzhen-based SimShine raises US$8 million for home security cameras that use edge computing.
1. San Francisco-based Mithril Capital to invest US$45m in India AI startup Glance.
2. TikTok narrows focus to US, Japan, and India as key growth markets.
3. Grab Financial to launch Singapore-Philippines remittance corridor by year-end.
4. JD.com along with Thai retail giant Central Group launch financial services app in Thailand.
News on Emerging Markets:
1. Gojek kicks off its own accelerator, Gojek Xcelerate, aimed at Indonesian startups with positive impact on society.
2. Grab Indonesia adds in collaboration with Indonesian startup Sejasa on-demand cleaning and repair services.
3. Indian home loan company Aptus Value Housing received US$122m in funding.
4. Indian HCL Technologies acquires Sankalp Semiconductor, semiconductor design company, for US$25m.
5. Gojek’s Go-Ventures leads US$3m funding in Indonesian fintech firm Pluang.