1. China launches new online privacy compliance assessment tool to help apps spot privacy flaws
2. Toutiao 今日头条 launched new version of personal assistant, including an image and text recognition function
3. Xiaomi 小米 to provide developers of its overseas app store with free resources worth 100 million RMB
4. Nasi 纳斯 received 7-digit RMB in angel investment round. Nasi is an e-commerce company, which sells products via livestream on Taobao.
5. Nosh, Hong-Kong cloud kitchen startup, raises $1.7m in pre-series A funding, rebrands corporate business into ‘Spoonful’
6. Sequoia Capital India may raise $200m to add to its existing fund
7. Malaysian serial entrepreneur Asher Looi to launch digital pharmacy platform, GoUbat.com
8. UnionBank of the Philippines issues first ever peso-based cryptocurrency
9. GoPay, Gojek mobile payment app, now available on Indonesia’s Google Play Store
10. Alipay expands footprint in Africa with Flutterwave tie-up
11. China’s Vivo is eyeing smartphone users in Africa and the Middle East
12. Team collaboration platform Monday.com raises $150 million at $1.9 billion valuation
13. Innovatifplus summit and awards event in Penang to take place on 26th and 27th October in Penang.
This article is contributed by partners Chinaccelerator and BEAM.