Log In / Sign Up
India's HappyEasyGo secured $49.3 million funding — expanding its travel platform
It will extend its ticket-booking service to hotel booking.
People can now create QR Codes that replace Business Cards with BEAMSTART
They can be scanned with ANY phone camera, and contacts are automatically saved to the phone.
ScaleUp Malaysia Accelerator to invest RM200,000 into 10 of these 20 shortlisted companies.
These companies will enter the first cohort of their accelerator program.
Malaysia’s Carsome closed a $50 million funding round— set to expand its market reach in Southeast Asia
It aims to be the Visa of auto transaction with its used-car sales platform.
Vietnam’s wealthiest man to sell cars to the US — putting his own $2 billion cash on the line
He aims to export electric vehicles to the US by 2021 with the six-month-old auto startup; Vinfast.
Sequoia set to invest $2.4 billion into startup growth in China — despite the ongoing US - China tech war
Today more venture firms are moving towards India and Southeast Asia instead of China.
India is boosting its electric vehicles (EV) industry to convert 200 million vehicles electric by 2026
It’s high time for EV startups and investors to look to India as the government is providing full-on support.
Starbucks sees slow growth in China despite opening a new cafe every 15 hours
Its sales struggle to keep up with its rapid expansion in China.
MVLLABS secured $5 million in Series A funding round — looks to grow its mobility ecosystem
Its ride-hailing service TADA is the first blockchain-based in the world.
Singapore’s FinAccel closed $90 million in Series C funding round — to expand its credit lending platform in Southeast Asia
Its credit lending app Kredivo is growing 300% each year.
#AsiaRocks Conference connects ecosystem builders across Asia — providing market expansion opportunities for startups
Taiwan Startup Stadium (TSS) held the one-day event to integrate Asia’s startups with APAC resources.
Singapore’s Zenyum closed $13.6 million funding — set to expand both its market reach and product line
Its substantial growth this year attracted investors all over Asia.
SG Bike acquired Mobike’s fleet in Singapore for $1.9 million — users can ride for free
It sets to become the largest bike-sharing operator in Singapore
Singapore-based digital payments company 2C2P raises $52 million.
2C2P looks to strengthen its position in SouthEast Asia.
Singapore’s BCB Blockchain to fund $300,000 for startups in Philippine
The blockchain firm partners with Philippine’s government to boost the country’s startup ecosystem.
Singapore’s AI-powered firm raised $9 million from its Series A round
It will use the fund to develop and improve its data technology on human insights.
Hong Kong’s Volt14 bagged $955k from 500 Startups — to innovate on a longer lasting battery material
It aims to launch industrial-scale production trials by next month.
Indonesia’s HarukaEDU closed its Series C funding round — expanding its education service into B2B transaction
SIG, an Ameriacan global trading form led the funding round.
Malaysia’s NEXEA invests $60,160 into five local early-stage startups
NEXEA chose the top five startups from NEXEA Startup Accelerator and Startup-Corporate Pilot programs.
Pop Up Asia is quickly becoming one of Taiwan's largest lifestyle trade-shows.
Bringing together international travellers and lifestyle product enthusiasts from all over the world.
Indonesian proptech startup, Travelio raised $18 million in a Series B round — expanding its marketing and operation
Aims to serve Indonesian rising middles-class demands for temporary housing.
Tencent partners Pokemon to jointly develop games; Xiaomi becomes youngest company on Fortune Global 500 list
Wallace Ho23 Jul, 2019
1. New Star Market, China counterpart to NASDAQ, increasing on first day on average 140%, creating three billionaires
2. Xiaomi becomes youngest company on Fortune Global 500 list
3. AlipayHK, Hong Kong Dollar denominated eWallet, granted license to expand coverage throughout mainland China
4. Tmall.com 天猫 announcing that during the last 3 years it has attracted 100.000 KOL's & celebrities
5. Inspur Cloud 浪潮, cloud computing firm, raises $87 million
Network with investors & entrepreneurs in Johor at BEAM Happy Hour this 26/7/2019
6. Dzuanm.com 点钻猫, advertising platform, to receive 7-digit RMB angel investment
7. China's coffee upstart Luckin pushes into India and Middle East
8. Singaporean Trax, image recognition technology firm, closes USD 100 million Series D round, looking to cement foothold in China
9. Singapore-based venture firm Cocoon Capital raises $30m for 2nd tech start-up
10. Southeast Asia's leading video streaming service Iflix bags more than $50m in funding ahead of potential IPO
11. Apple reportedly in talks to acquire Intel's modem business for $1B+
12. Microsoft commits $1 Billion to open partnership to build its AI systems on Azure
This article is contributed by partners Chinaccelerator & BEAM