Log In / Sign Up
2020's *Party of the Year* for Professionals and Entrepreneurs happening this 22nd January.
The event is co-hosted by BEAMSTART and partner companies.
Singapore's EV Growth maxes its fund at $250 million — looks to deploy more startups in Southeast Asia
To date, it has used 50 per cent of its total funds in 20 deals.
China's EV startup Byton raises huge investment from Japan's conglomerate Marubeni
Marubeni seeks to utilise Byton's battery technology to store renewable energy.
Indian startups raised a huge $14.5 billion in 1,185 funding round this year (2019)
The country sees 25x growth of startups funding over the decade.
China's Energy Monster secures $71.5 million — looks to expand its operation
The battery-sharing firm leveraged China's massive market of 305 million power bank rental users in 2019.
India's Peoplestrong acquires SaaS platform Qilo — strengthening its HR offerings
Peoplestrong sets to leverage Qilo's workforce performance management solutions.
Lightspeed and Sequoia bag $400-500 million profit from selling OYO shares
OYO's founder Agarwal aims to increase his stake in the company
Vietnam sets a winning fintech growth model for Southeast Asia
Its government plays a huge role in the country's fintech hub emergence.
India's HungerBox closes $12 million in Series C funding round — sets to expand its market reach
The food tech startup serves big companies instead of consumer food delivery.
Malaysian female-led esports startup, MEGPlay, raises seed funding to bridge brands with gamers.
The company works with many major brands today.
India's unicorn, Rivigo sets to raise $20 million in Series F round
Logistics sector sees significant rise in India.
Global VC, SOSV secures $277 million in its fourth fund — looks to invest in early-stage deep tech startups
It will continue to invest in 150 new startups every year.
India's HappyEasyGo secured $49.3 million funding — expanding its travel platform
It will extend its ticket-booking service to hotel booking.
Most business cards are thrown away, but this QR code tool changes everything.
People can now create special QR codes that save contacts automatically to phones when scanned.
ScaleUp Malaysia Accelerator to invest RM200,000 into 10 of these 20 shortlisted companies.
These companies will enter the first cohort of their accelerator program.
Malaysia’s Carsome closed a $50 million funding round— set to expand its market reach in Southeast Asia
It aims to be the Visa of auto transaction with its used-car sales platform.
Vietnam’s wealthiest man to sell cars to the US — putting his own $2 billion cash on the line
He aims to export electric vehicles to the US by 2021 with the six-month-old auto startup; Vinfast.
Sequoia set to invest $2.4 billion into startup growth in China — despite the ongoing US - China tech war
Today more venture firms are moving towards India and Southeast Asia instead of China.
India is boosting its electric vehicles (EV) industry to convert 200 million vehicles electric by 2026
It’s high time for EV startups and investors to look to India as the government is providing full-on support.
Starbucks sees slow growth in China despite opening a new cafe every 15 hours
Its sales struggle to keep up with its rapid expansion in China.
Boxben is Helping Businesses Increase Revenues by Automating their entire Sales Processes.
Through a powerful solution to nurture customer relationships and handle billing processes.
12 Tech Happenings on 5/30/2019
Wallace Ho30 May, 2019
1. China introduces new draft rules for data privacy protection, including any customized content using recommendation algorithms driven by personal data should be explicitly labeled
2. Xiaomi's global investment amount reached RMB 5.8 billion in 2018
3. Tencent and Roblox announce game partnership, the jointly owned company will be based in Shenzhen
4. Short-video app Kuaishou's 快手 daily active users hit 200 million mark, reflecting its rapid growth in rural popularity
5. E-commerce platform DoNew 斗牛 raised nearly 10 million from Series A fundraising
6. Toyota may invest about $550 million in China ride-hailing firm Didi: Nikkei
7. DHL brings Africa eShop to 20 countries in a competitive nod to e-commerce platform Jumia
8. Singapored-based VC firm EV Growth raises US$200M first fund, exceeding initial target
BEAM is lauching Cross Border Business Matching Engine using machine learning, click a button to match with right business & career opportunities
9. Bain Capital is raising a $1 billion tech fund for buyouts and late-stage investments
10. Online lender SoFi has quietly raised $500 million in funding, led by Qatar
11. Digital therapy startup Talkspace picks up $50 million Series D
12. Micro financing for social sellers, collaboration between AVANA and Funding Societies
Gain publicity for your business in front of business owners & investors for potential customers & investment
This article is contributed by our partner Chinaccelerator & BEAM
Schedule your time for Chinaccelerator batch 15 demo day livestream to learn more about cross border startups between China and the world.