Int'l Strategy & BD @ Bytedance 字节跳动, ex-Google
- Recruited, mentored and mobilized a high-performing team to lead business development and strategic partnerships for ByteDance in Southeast Asia, including telecommunication, content and growth partnerships
- Secured and launched partnerships with telecommunication providers across Southeast Asia, including Globe and PLDT in the Philippines, XL Axiata in Indonesia, MobiFone in Vietnam and Telenor in Myanmar
- Initiated, negotiated and forged content and marketing partnerships with iflix in Southeast Asia, the first of its kind globally
As part of Google’s Strategic Partnerships and Business Development team, I developed content licensing and action integration partnerships for Google Maps in SEA and AUNZ. Examples of key projects:
- Google Maps Transit: i) Partnered with leading Indonesian transit agency Transjakarta to launch real-time transit updates in Jakarta, the first in Asia-Pacific, enabling a successful launch event, landing 100+ major press coverage, ii) Developed relationships with and managed 20+ transit agency partners in SEA and AUNZ.
- Google Arts & Culture: i) Pioneered Google Arts & Culture "Wonders of Indonesia" launch by signing five major arts and cultural institutions in Indonesia and advocating for Art Camera digitization of 1,400+ textiles, ii) Secured content partnerships in the Philippines and Thailand, including Intramuros Administration, Malacanan Palace and The Jim Thompson House, and collaborated with cross-functional teams to produce successful launches and media coverage.
- Google Street View: Secured Google Street View partnerships with Jakarta government (covering 7+ major tourism sites across Jakarta), Indonesian airport groups and Komodo National Park (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
- Asia-Pacific business development lead for “Reserve with Google”, produced market assessment and represented regional perspectives to product teams at HQ
- Launched “Reserve with Google” in Singapore and Indonesia by partnering with 3+ leading restaurant reservation players, enabling successful media coverage and product announcement during Ramadan campaigns in Indonesia