Ship Repair Manager
24 Nov, 2022
S$6000 — S$7000 monthly
No experience required
Job Position : Ship Repair Manager
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Responsibilities :
• Ensuring compliance with contracts, specifications, regulatory, company, quality, environment, occupational health and safety standards and procedures.
• Plan, implement and demonstrate continual improvement in occupational health and safety, quality, environment, and productivity.
• Liaison and coordination with regulatory bodies, clients, consultants, contractors, and internally within the company to Project needs within commercial controls.
• Ensure company and project milestones, and commercial targets are achieved by effective planning, logistics, and execution.
• Identify bottlenecks, highlight possible delays in advance, propose and execute corrective and preventive actions.
• Monitor and control job progress, man hours and productivity of all project related works.
• Plan the project schedule based on key milestone and critical activities. Plan for level 3 details in the project schedule as required.
• Identify critical path processes and at-risk activities and manage the execution with Production Departments and Supervisors assigned.
• Document and manage schedule extension reduction to avoid any contractual penalties for delays.
• Work closely with Commercial department to manage the work schedule within the scope and terms of the contract and additional work requests from owners.
• Work with Commercial and Marketing Departments during the tendering phase to derive the project schedule that is competitive against the competitions as and when required.
• Liaise with various departments on control of manpower and production resources in order to meet work requirements and project schedule.
• Chair and attend daily VSCC meeting.
• Manage safety oversight and conduct safety activities which meet regulatory and customer requirements related to Safety and Quality.
• Monitor work activities on board to ensure safety compliance. Initiate safety programs to enhance safety on board.
• Resolve any safety or quality issues raised by owner class surveyors and contractors.
• Establish quality management protocol with owners at the start of the Project, focus Safety and Quality.
• Liaise with owner inspectors for progressive and end of work.
• Ensure department KPI’s are met.
• As the leader of the Project, to demonstrate commitment to deliver on time, safely and cost effectively.
• Maintain and close the project file in good order, during & completion of project.
• Project close out report to be prepared prior close out of project.
• Maintain a clear list of confirmed works during the project and made available for various production, trade, commercial and clients to be inline also.
• SRM to take lead to clear Project’s left-over materials from yard immediately.
Job Requirements :
• Safety Instruction Course for Ship – Repair Managers
• Knowledge of shipyard production trade activities.
• Proficiency in Microsoft office.
• Good leadership and communication skills
EA License No.: 17C8537 (Gallons & Grapes Pte Ltd)
Registration No.: R1441516 (Chua Cheng Hua)
Compensations & Benefits
Basic Salary : SGD$6,000 - SGD$7,000
Commission : Not Applicable
Allowance : Not Applicable
Working Location : Tuas Crescent, Singapore
Nearest MRT : Tuas Crescent MRT (From Tuas Shipyard to MRT takes 5-7 mins on bus, 15 mins on foot)
Working Days : Monday - Friday
Working Hours : 7.30am to 5.00pm
Annual Leave : 12 Days AL
Medical Benefit : Medical Benefit Provided, verify w HR during interview on details.
AWS : Not Applicable
Performance Bonus : Track Record of around 1.5 Months
Other Benefits : 1 way transportation to shipyard provided from various location, for example if you stay at tampines, they will have several pickup points in tampines, you will be informed of all this location and pick up point, then you will approach one and confirm that pick up point, shipyard will register your name into that pickup point, from then on, proceed to that pick-up point at the mention time and you will be transported to the shipyard.