Senior Fullstack Engineer – Operations
08 Feb, 2024
$190000 — $240000 yearly
No experience required
🎯 Our Mission
Vocode is empowering developers to connect the world with magical conversational AI experiences. Today, our open source and hosted APIs are relied upon by thousands of engineers and organizations to create scalable, performant conversational AI agents operating on the front lines of myriad business cases: multilingual customer support, appointment scheduling, identity verification, lead qualification, and much more.
📈 Our Progress
Since graduating from YC (W23), we’ve:
- Raised $3.25m from great investors: Base10, Google Ventures, Gradient, Accel, and angels like Amjad Masad (Replit), Avlok Kohli (AngelList), and Siqi Chen (Runway),
- Validated product/market fit, with dozens of enterprise customers scaling deployments in production and paying us real $,
- Begun to assemble an amazing team of highly technical folks to build a company together, with early hires from Apple, Brex, Stripe, and beyond.
🏽🏼 Our Ways of Working
At Vocode we are deliberate and intentional about the company we’re working to build. We want to foster an environment of autonomy, kindness, curiosity, and achievement, but we’re not expecting to commission a fluorescent “BE CURIOUS” sign for the wall of our office any time soon. Here are some things which we know really matter to us:
- We try to write things down We find that the act of writing something down – the scope of a project, a problem we’re facing, an update for the whole company – helps us to be clear in our thinking, and enables us to share context around our team without lots of meetings and talking.
- We try to default to trust This goes further than just “you’ll get a Brex card” – from day one you will be plugged in to the same context as everyone else on our team, and we’ll trust you to help us interpret it and set your own direction. (We also recognize that, like everyone, you’ll get things wrong – and we’ll trust you to help the company grow when that happens.)
- We seek clarity in communication Writing things down helps, but we also love impeccable agreements, having directly responsible individuals (even for work which is cross-functional), and generally investing the extra 10% which means everyone is unambiguously clear on what’s going on and what it means for them.
About the Senior Full Stack Engineer (Ops) Role
🏆 Mission of the Senior Full Stack Engineer (Ops)
The mission of the Senior Full Stack Engineer (Ops) is to design and build high ROI improvements, integrations, and automations across Vocode’s Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success teams.
🤹🏽♀️ Profile & Experience
- Senior individual contributor comfortable working with business context/outcomes vs. detailed specs,
- You are analytical and disciplined in your approach to quantifying the impact of your work and your priorities,
- You are consistently recognized by leaders and peers as being an outstanding IC:
- Direct, broad ownership of mission critical work (cross-functional a plus),
- Sought out by leadership and peers as the gold standard in one or more areas (e.g. rapid prototyping, infrastructure, documentation – you are able to point to areas of demonstrable mastery),
- Can point to times when you have been asked to “teach the class” either one-on-one or in a group, bringing teammates up to your high standard of excellence.
- You have developed the muscle for when “hack it together” trumps “meticulous and scalable”, and vice versa,
- Early-stage startup experience, either as a founding employee or CTO, a plus.
🪢 Real Things You’ll Do
Here are some real examples of the sort of work you might expect to do in this role:
Migrate our hosted customers away from Discord to a new Slack workspace Discord makes sense for our open source customers, but folks building with our hosted solution should be in Slack, where our sales, support, and engineering teams can help them as required. In addition to migrating existing customers, you would have updated our registration flows to trigger the creation of a Slack connect channel for new customers upon confirmation of their email.
Build high polish sales demos Conversational AI is new technology, and many of our customers and sales prospects find it invaluable for us to illustrate the possibilities for them, from customer-facing use cases to new approaches in internal systems and tooling, all powered by Vocode’s conversational AI.
Integrate, Automate, and Iterate Laying rails between our internal systems means our people can work ever more autonomously: our registration flow should qualify prospects and feed into Pipedrive. Our sales people should be able to generate Docusign agreements and Stripe billing logic for customers with a few clicks in Pipedrive. When we do something manually a bunch of times, we’ll be expecting you to swoop in and make it a smooth experience for mere mortals.
& much more Working with a designer and the founders to overhaul our website and messaging. Build a best in class API and docs experience. Build knowledge bases internally, on our website, and via AI agents (e.g. Amazon Q) for Vocoders and Vocode customers alike. Triage sales requirement calls and help reduce sales dependency on ad hoc engineering expertise.