Payments Partnerships Manager
25 Jun, 2022
Application Method: Please apply via our application portal here (https://apply.workable.com/nalamoney/). We are not actively reviewing this platform 🙏
Role: Growth Manager
Reports Into: COO
Compensation: Competitive local rates and significant equity benchmarked to London. We would love to have an open discussion with you and we are more than happy to discuss further and look after every situation on a case by case basis depending on experience and interview performance.
Location: We will need you to do located in the GMT to EAT timezone. We offer remote working and there will be the opportunity to travel to and from the continent.
Accessibility and Inclusion: We want every interview to be as comfortable so you can focus on showing us as much of you as possible. Our interviews are typically conducted via Zoom. If there are adjustments we can make to assist you in the hiring process, please do let us know in the application.
We are looking for a relationship minded Payments Partnerships Lead to take the lead in terms of building and fostering relationships with central banks and regulatory authorities across Africa. You will be working extremely closely with our Head of Legal and Compliance to research and understand the business and regulatory landscape to build and execute strategies for developing strong relationships.
In the first 6 months, we would love for you to:
- Work with expansion team to identify markets in Africa and lead expansion into them
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with central banks and other regulatory authorities in conjunction with Compliance in countries across Africa
- Research and understand the regulatory landscapes in various African markets
- Work closely with our Compliance team to meet obligations and obtain all relevant approvals directly from authorities or through partnerships with financial institutions
- Identify and secure revenue-generating opportunities that will help us deliver on our value proposition in the region
- Manage relationships with key partner banks, aggregators, and/or telecoms to ensure service agreements are met
- Negotiate and secure commercial terms with potential partners and ensure continuous optimization as our business matures in the region
Is this you?
We know that finding a job can be stressful. It can be really hard to tick all the boxes for any job description however we encourage you to apply even if you cannot tick every single of the box. Here is what we are looking for:
- Strong track record of fostering partnerships with financial institutions in Africa
- Willing and excitement to spend up to 50% of your time travelling to different expansion countries
- Professional proficiency in both English. French is a plus!
- Strong verbal and written communication skills-- you can demonstrate this with a well-written cover letter.
- We are fully WFH - there are a number of the NALA team in London who meet up regularly at WeWork
- We do 2 company trips per year (sometimes more! 👀) Check out our last trip to Zanzibar in Dec 2021 🌴🏖😎
- Everyone in any region can expense up to $1000 equivalent a year to support themselves on personal development. * This can include books, conferences, courses etc - anything to help you do your job better or help you grow your career.
- We offer 35 days holiday inclusive of any Public Holidays that exist in your country.
- We provide computer equipment for everyone
We are on a mission to increase economic activity on the African continent and for its diaspora around the world. By creating community-powered financial solutions, we make it easier to make day-to-day payments and do business in an increasingly global Africa. #BuildOurAfrica
About the Company
We are building Revolut for Africa. Over 80% of the money sent to Africa is done with physical cash. The remaining 20% is done via digital channels but are subject to multiple layers of fees and paperwork. Our easy-to-use app allows anyone to quickly send money from GBP or USD (EUR coming soon!) to all major African currencies at the lowest rates available.
Payment in Africa are 1% built. We aspire to bring 21st century payment technology to Africa to create a low cost and highly reliable set of payment rails that friends, family and businesses can use. When payments are simple, reliable and available at the touch of a button, anything is possible.
We are proud to be an African Fintech Startup with a global team serving an international audience. By building payment channels and infrastructure, we enable lightning-fast payments to every corner of the African continent. Our tech is built by world-class engineers from around the world and we are proud to serve all communities, everyone from bustling cities to peaceful villages. It is our privilege to partner with these local communities go on this journey together.
We are supported by the world’s most prestigious accelerators, VCs and angel investors. We are backed by Y-Combinator (early backers of AirBnB, DropBox, GitLab, etc), Accel (GoCardless, Monzo, etc), and a long list of high profile Angel Investors who were personally in building Monzo, Robinhood, ComplyAdvantage, Luno, Simple, and many more!