Full-Stack Software Engineer
01 Jul, 2022
$120000 — $160000 yearly
LifeAt is seeking a Full-Stack Software Engineer with 3-5+ years of experience to join our team as a founding engineer. We’re looking for someone with frontend and backend development skills, who has experience designing distributed systems.
LifeAt is building joyful productivity software for the 100M+ knowledge workers in the US/world. Our product is a modular focus dashboard that brings familiar tools into one cohesive digital workspace.
People who use our product include freelancers, remote tech workers, and students, especially those who struggle with anxiety, ADHD, or procrastination. We have built a large community via discord (75K members), Instagram (101K followers), and Tiktok (190K). We have social influencers on our team
Our product is very visual, so we encourage you to play around with our web app (no account needed).
About the Role
Our Stack: React, Node, TypeScript, NoSQL, Firebase / GCP, Electron
What You’ll Do
You’ll work with two other developers (CTO and first founding engineer) to write software used by hundreds of thousands of people worldwide. We'll work together to take ideas and research and turn them into production-ready code.
As an engineer with multiple years of experience, you’ll be expected to set high-level direction and be involved in decision-making with the founders. You'll help drive our engineering culture and practices as we grow our team.
You'll be a great fit if you...
- are energized by building consumer-facing software that hundreds of thousands of people will use
- can collaborate and communicate effectively with team members across different job functions
- believe in failing fast and iterating quickly as we learn from our users
- are pragmatic with decision making, taking factors like business objectives into account
Things we’re looking for
- 3 or more years of professional software development experience
- Experienced in building UI components in React, specifically using hooks
- Proficient with TypeScript
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL database management
- Scripting (Bash, Python, etc.)
- Ability to write clean, well-documented code
- Located in US-friendly timezones (PST to EST)
- Experience with Firebase and/or Google Cloud services
- ElectronJS development experience
- React Native experience
- Located in Seattle, WA, or on the West Coast
Perks and Benefits
- Hybrid and fully remote work opportunity
- Medical benefits
- Gym membership stipend
- WFH equipment stipend
- Learn from a team of social influencers and hackers