Full Stack Engineer
26 Jun, 2022
No experience required
Soteris is a YC-backed company with a four-person team building a first-of-its-kind data platform for insurance. In just a few months, we’ve signed more than a half-dozen agencies that collectively write over $500 million of insurance premium per year. Our customers are heavily engaged and providing feedback rapidly; we’re now adding to our engineering team to fuel our growth.
Our goal is to organize and structure the universe of data within commercial insurance, to drastically improve the experience and efficiency for everyone involved in a commercial insurance transaction. We've raised a large seed round from a number of top fintech investors, including Y Combinator, Khosla Ventures, Foundation Capital, and Data Collective, giving us a long, ample runway to execute our mission.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You will join our founding team as a full stack engineer to build the product with us from 0 to 1. The ideal candidate is a passionate developer that takes pride in building across the stack, from the underlying infrastructure all the way to the user interface, and is eager to maximize product iteration speed with a hacker mindset while maintaining stable infrastructure. You will work directly with our initial set of customers to expand the functionality of the earliest version of our product, rapidly transforming the way insurance agencies do business.
As the fifth team member, you would work alongside a passionate team with diverse backgrounds working hard to modernize an antiquated industry. And as part of a small, agile team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on multiple projects across the company to make an outsized impact on our product as a whole.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work closely with the product team and users to define user experiences and understand pain points.
- Navigate through ambiguity and build application prototypes to help refine product vision.
- Research and implement 3rd party service integrations.
- Make framework decisions that set the foundation for future application engineering.
- Contribute to our overall engineering best practices and collaborative engineering culture to allow the whole team to thrive.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Experience building user-facing services in a cloud environment.
- Strong collaboration with the product team, with deep user empathy.
- A mindset of embracing ambiguity.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience with React and GraphQL.
- A strong desire to learn new things, with a high learning rate.
- An approach to teamwork similar to ours (reach out to find out more here).
- A deep interest in what we're working on.
If this seems interesting to you and you'd like to find out more, please reach out by clicking the Apply button!