Help Desk Manager
15 Mar, 2022
EUR4000 — EUR15000 monthly
About the Role
- Reporting directly to the Technical Director, you will be part of a continuing exciting journey and will influence the future strategic direction of the Helpdesk team. Your main duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Proactively lead, develop, and coach the Helpdesk team, working closely with a growing group of over 25 engineers, from Apprentices up to 3rd Line Engineers, through the entire employee life cycle.
- Drive continuous improvement by monitoring and managing performance, using techniques such as goal setting, providing constructive feedback, recognizing high performance, and identifying learning and development needs.
- Effectively manage, organize, and allocate Helpdesk resources, ensuring all critical tasks are covered, being proactive and forward-thinking in your approach to predict upcoming issues or pressure points.
- Provide innovative solutions to problems as they arise, offering assistance and guidance to any engineer assigned to the Helpdesk.
- Identify opportunities to continually improve processes and contribute to the implementation of proposed solutions, in line with the business needs, for both internal and clients to continually improve customer satisfaction.
- Oversee customer relations on behalf of the Helpdesk Management team, liaising with both the customer as a point of escalation and providing feedback when required.
- Have the ability to multi-task and prioritize, in order to assist Helpdesk engineers with their issues, as well as take on the more challenging problems that may arise.
- A strong technical understanding to be able to effectively delegate to the helpdesk team.
- An appetite to learn and keep up to date with emerging technology/trends as well as Akita’s existing product portfolio.
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly reports on the help desk team’s productivity and be able to deliver the report(s) to stakeholders.
- Fulfill any other such duties, responsibilities, and projects as required in line with business
- Proven work experience as a Help Desk Manager.
- The ability to manage time effectively while setting the tone of the team through modeling and leadership.
- Hands-on experience with help desk and remote-control software.
- Team management skills and techniques.
- Experience with performance development/improvement plans to grow and develop the help desk team.
- A logical and methodical thinker with an analytical approach.
- Strong understanding of reporting; how to develop and use them to improve productivity / understand trends.
- Customer-service-oriented with a problem-solving attitude.
- Solid technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience.
- High standards of customer service and an appetite for continual improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to be influential and persuasive with stakeholders.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- A proven ability to build positive working relationships across all areas of the business, internally and externally.
- A thorough understanding of the strategic vision for the helpdesk and the ability to set the long-term direction of the team.
- Knowledge and understanding of the relevant industry standards
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices for service management
- A complete understanding of the organization's business.
- A personable nature.
This role is based at our Kent HQ in Wrotham. Applicants should have a full UK Driving license and live within a commutable distance of this location.