|Work Location||Ho Chi Minh , Vietnam|
|Salary Range||SGD 1000 — SGD 2200 monthly|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Vacancies Available||1 available|
Where do you come in?
Golden Gate Ventures is looking for a Vietnam Investment Analyst / Associate that will be an integral support to the team and manage a broad range of responsibilities from deal sourcing, due diligence to portfolio support.
There will be lots of items thrown your way, and we want somebody that can roll with the punches, and learn along the way. We see this as a long-term relationship and want this to be a role you can grow with within the firm. You’ll be at the forefront of the venture capital industry in Southeast Asia.
What you’ll be doing:
• Conduct extensive due diligence, reference calls, researching industry sectors, interviewing the founding teams, and checking financial models, including financial valuation and return analyses to support investment decisions
Support the Partners in creating and drafting investment memoranda and documentation for the investment committee and selected partners
• Provide both ad-hoc and proactive support to existing portfolio companies, if and as necessary; this may include, but is not limited to: identifying market opportunities, working closely with specific teams, and helping formulate expansion or marketing strategies
• Assist in updating internal dashboard for monthly statistics sent by portfolio companies
• Sourcing potential investments through a combination of both inbound and outbound work, e.g. speaking to entrepreneurs, managing the firm’s proprietary deal-flow, and researching specific industries or markets
• Apply creative and critical thinking to identify and implement ways of increasing the efficiency of the organization’s investment and portfolio management processes
• Take part in keeping our own investors informed by helping to prepare materials for quarterly updates and our annual investor meeting
• Bachelor’s Degree in either business- or technology-related fields
• Must speak Bahasa Indonesia
• 1-3 years of relevant working experience in investment banking, venture capital, management consultancy, or alternatively, a high-growth technology company; experience working in and with startups strongly preferred
• Exceptional proficiency in financial modeling and analysis; CFA Level 1 strongly preferred
• Adept at navigating online applications and collaborative tools such as Dropbox, Evernote, Slack, Google Docs, etc.
• Possesses an independent streak, and doesn’t require constant oversight or management
• Flexibility and dexterity; must be able to think on your feet while managing several shifting priorities; the job will change day-to-day
• Exceptionally strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Show a personal excitement and enthusiasm for the local startup scene
• Ability and interest to travel extensively
• Exciting – You’ll get to work with a firm that’s investing in startups in Singapore and South East Asia
• Personal development – We want this role to align with your personal and professional goals
• Creative Freedom – You’ll have the freedom to suggest new projects or ideas that you think can benefit the firm or our portfolio (and have a hand in running it)
• Insight – You’ll get to sit alongside the partners in some startup meetings, from first pitches to monthly status updates
• Networking – You’ll build an amazing network, communicating with other high profile investors, CEO’s, and members of the press
• Health - You will be covered under the company’s medical insurance plan and get to enjoy team fitness programs
• Culture - We bond over weekly team lunches, occasional outings, and a yearly retreat
Environment - Our office is fun, fast-paced, and informal, located at the top of a hip shophouse on Duxton Road. No cubicles, just flat open space :-)
Venture Capital firm based in Singapore and San Francisco
Golden Gate Ventures is an early-stage venture capital firm investing across Southeast Asia. Since 2011, the firm has invested in over 30 companies across more than 7 countries in Asia. The firm invests in internet & mobile startups across many sectors, including e-commerce, payments, marketplaces, mobile applications, and SaaS platforms.