|Experience Required||10 years|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Vacancies Available||1 available|
Get to know our Team:
The Communications team is responsible for telling the Grab story around the world. Whether it's speaking to media and industry commentators, thought leaders or the wider community, the Communications team is the voice of Grab.
Get to know the role:
The role will lead communications for Grab Financial Group (GFG), one of Grab's fastest growing businesses. Beyond mobile payments, GFG offers financial services - lending, insurance and more - to millions of micro-entrepreneurs who now have access to the means to grow their businesses and have a better quality of life.
We're looking for an expert in corporate positioning and issues management. This is a unique opportunity to shape the narrative for a new business in an industry that's ready for disruption, yet highly regulated. Our ideal candidate likes distilling business and product information into a cohesive narrative, is enthusiastic to research complex topics, and willing to deepdive into local issues and regulations. Be part of the team that's advancing GFG's ambition to drive financial inclusion and serve unbanked and underbanked customers in Southeast Asia.
The day-to-day activities:
• Develop positioning for Grab Financial Group as it grows its service offerings
• Create thought leadership programmes for GFG executives
• Pre-empt and mitigate issues and regulatory concerns across Grab's Southeast Asia markets
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with international/ regional media, and influencers and analysts in Southeast Asia
• Provide direction and execution support for country PR teams for announcements that educate merchants and consumers, and crisis management
• Monitor and opportunistically leverage industry news
• 10+ years experience: Corporate reputation management, media relations, issues management, business and lifestyle writing
• Regional and/or in-market experience in key SEA countries and in a fast-growth company
• Internet services/ financial services/ fintech sector experience
• Opportunistic to leverage industry news, creative in pushing new angles and ideas, hands-on and motivated by challenging work
Grab is your everyday everything app.
“Why can’t we have a safer way to hail a ride?” “Can’t we give drivers better working conditions?” “What if we could make life just a little bit easier?” Okay, it started with several questions. Those questions led to a group of incredibly ambitious (and incredibly optimistic) friends starting this company in a tiny rented storage space somewhere in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. That was in 2012. Today, that tiny company has turned into Grab, Southeast Asia’s largest mobile technology company that connects millions of consumers to millions of drivers, merchants, and businesses. Grab is taking on the largest problems that affect the region, including access inequality, outdated infrastructure, and income disparity. Just like every single Southeast Asian, we’re still incredibly ambitious. We’re still questioning those everyday limitations. And we’re still incredibly optimistic.