|Salary Range||SGD 4000 - SGD 4500|
|Employment Type||Full Time Job|
|Vacancies Available||1 available|
We’re looking for an experienced people-manager to lead our team of cross-platform developers building components shared by our apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux and connected objects. These are written in Go, C, and C++. The team’s goal is to be the easiest to use, fastest, most reliable, and most secure apps. You specifically will be responsible for maximizing the team’s velocity of delivering top-quality products.
- Lead a team of experienced developers. Hire, motivate, mentor, define responsibilities, hold people accountable, manage career plans.
- Promote engineering excellence. Ensure we use efficient tools and processes and that each member of the team is an expert in their toolchain.
- Remain hands-on with technical work. Perform code reviews, ensure that architectural decisions are made well, ensure high-quality documentation, and also do some coding. Lead by example.
- Ensure our product backlog always defines the path to achieving our business goals.
- Own specific projects end-to-end across company teams
Some examples of challenges
- Ensure end-to-end security.
- Make it possible to connect quickly and reliably (and stay connected), even in difficult network environments.
- Maximize speed.
- Maximize conversion rates and other revenue metrics affected by UI in the apps.
- Test all requirements automatically.
- Experience as a hiring manager, you’ve hired, trained and promoted talents within your teams to work more effectively.
- Expert in at least one of C/C++ or Go
- Expert in writing automated tests using GTest. Ideally, also experience in TDD or BDD.
- Experience building client-side applications on at least two platforms, preferably including Linux.
- Solid understanding of IP networking
- Passion for writing well-architected readable code that’s easy to maintain by a team of several developers.
- Some overlap with GMT+8 required
What we offer
- Challenging work in a fun and collaborative environment
- Attractive compensation and time-off benefits
- Full-time employment with flexible working hours
- Team lunches and company events every quarter
- Multicultural teams represented by 30+ nationalities
Aug 11: Latest business and tech news around the world.
Business gains have been wiped out by the pandemic.
Virgin Atlantic is seeking protection under chapter 15 of the US bankruptcy code
The acquisition is said to be over $80 million
Most of them have taken out a loan.