Today in News are brief updates by the BEAM team of what's happening in the business, finance, and technology space around the world (as well as in China). Download the BEAM App to get curated news like these from over 100 sources.
Around the world:
- Apple and Goldman Sachs are preparing to launch a new joint credit card.
- More stories behid Walmart acquiring Flipkart https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/09/business/dealbook/att-novartis-michael-cohen.html
- Casio said it will stop making digital compact cameras because demand is being eroded by the spread of smartphones with high-definition cameras.
- Tesla crash killed 2 young students.
- Online mortgage broker Trussle raised £13.6Million Series B.
- Alibaba moved closer to gaining full control of Ele.me after acquiring Baidu's stake in this most Chinese popular food-delivery startup.
- Ant Financial is raising $10 billion ahead its IPO.
- Chinese gaming firm Huya 虎牙 prices IPO in New York at $12 per share
- It's heard that Didi 滴滴 plans to order 2million more bicycles from the factories.
- Gaussian Robotics (SLAM technology development) raised over 10 million USD in A round
- AI healthcare company 万灵盘古 raised 15million RMB in Pre-A round.
- Alibaba used AI to help raise pigs which appeard in Hangzhou "Ali Day" 阿里日
- WeChat blockchain mini-program 小协议 restarted.