Today in News are brief updates by the BEAM team of what's happening in the business, finance, and technology space around the world (as well as in China). Download the BEAM App to get curated news like these from over 100 sources.
- Alphabet, Apple and Microsoft will be part of government drone pilots, but Amazon was left out.
- Apple is removing apps that overshare your location data with third parties
- SoftBank's Q4 profit topped analysts' projections, thanks to Sprint's first annual net income in more than a decade.
- British-based Vodafone will buy some European assets of U.S. cable company Liberty Global for $21.8 billion.
- Toyota 2017 sales volume increased by 6% compared to 2016.
- Uber plans to launch Uber Elevate, its aerial electric ride-hailing service.
- ThoughtSpot (Business data analysis service provider) raised 145 million USD in D round.
- Updated to March 2018, Weibo monthly active users reached 411million. Q1 net revenue 349.9million USD. Its net profit is 99.1million USD increased by 111% compared to last year.
- Mobike is testing no deposit riding in Hefei 合肥.
- 行云全球汇 www.xyb2b.com raised 300 million RMB in A round, led by GSR.
- The first blockchain mini-program on WeChat “小协议”stopped their service.
- The head of Facebook Messenger David Marcus starts exploring how to best use blockchain technology at Facebook
- Walmart wins battle for Filpkart, India's biggest online retailer. Walmart will pay about $16bn to take control of Flipkart.
- Uniqlo is entering India market.