Today in News are brief updates by the BEAM team of what's happening in the business, finance, and technology space around the world (as well as in China). Download the BEAM App to get curated news like these from over 100 sources.
- Walmart bets $15 billion on Flipkart, a sprawling Indian e-commerce startup that tries to conquer Indian online shopping market.
- Warner Music Group sold 75% of its stake in Spotify for approximately $400 million.
- Xiaomi is going to enter Italy and France market this month.
- Ofo only buys 37% planned bicycles from Phoenix as cities in China clamp down on dockless rentals
- Pinduoduo set up an anti-rumor award of 1 million RMB
- Yum Brands took 3% stake in Grubhub which earned itself a seat on the board as well as access to the data it collects on KFC and Taco Bell.
- Renren 人人网 net loss 54.3million in 2017 Q4
- 「ttg」raised around 10 Million in Pre-A round. 「ttg」provides service for B&B and Hostel.
- Likechuxing 立刻出行 （A car sharing startup）announced that they closed B round, led by Ant Fanicial.
- blacklake 黑湖科技 raised 50Million RMB in A+ round, led by BAI and GSR.