Today in News are brief updates by the BEAM team of what's happening in the business, finance, and technology space around the world (as well as in China). Download the BEAM App to get curated news like these from over 100 sources.
Around the world：
1. Tesla Q1 revenue 3.409bn USD, higher than the same period of last year, but its net loss was 785 million USD.
2. Amazon offers credit card fee discounts for businesses using Amazon Pay.
3. Google will open the ".app" domain name registration service on May 8th.
4. Spotify released its first financial report after going public which shows that the revenue growth from advertising and user subscription has slowed down.
5. Pentagon stopped selling ZTE and Huawei phones at the base because they said the phones have security risks.
6. Facebook launched the new VR helmet Oculus Go.
1. Xiaomi submitted IPO prospectus in HK. In 2017, Xiaomi revenue reached 114.6bn RMB, increased by 67.5% compared to last year.
2. UCOMMUNE 优客工场 and Workingdom announced to be united.
3. RMB CIPS (Cross-border Interbank Payment System) phase 2 was launched when the operation time was extended from 5X12 hours to 5X24+4 hours and it covers the global financial market in various time zones.
4. JD invested 300Million RMB in TCL Subsidiary Thunderbird Network Technology and got 6.67% equity.
The prices of Xiaomi phone and TV in India will be increased by 7%-10% from May.