Back in 2020, Facebook launched Subscriptions, a feature which has massively helped content creators in setting up a sustainable business.
With a strong demand, this feature is brought to Instagram that will allow creators to connect better with their loyal followers by giving them access to exclusive content.
However, only a few selected content creators from US are given access to test out this feature on Instagram.
Subscription Key Features
The chosen content creators will be able to:
- Set a monthly subscription price of their choice
- Unlock a “subscribe” button on their profile
- Broadcast exclusive Lives to their subscribers, allowing them to engage more deeply
- Create stories for their subscribers, allowing them to share exclusive content and to use interactive story stickers with their most engaged followers only
- Identify their subscribers via a subscriber badge next to comments and messages
Instagram mentioned in a blog post that the feature will be extended to more creators in the coming months.
Selected Content Creators
No Fees Will be Collected
Facebook mentioned that the company would not collect any fees from Facebook Subscriptions purchases until 2023, and this will also apply to Instagram Subscriptions.
The social media giant strongly believes creators should have "more control over their business" with access to tools that will allow them to directly connect with their followers off platform in the future.
"This will help creators earn more by offering benefits to their most engaged followers like access to exclusive Lives and Stories. I'm excited to keep building tools for creators to make a living doing creative work and to put these tools in more creators' hands soon," Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook, stated in his Facebook post.
Meanwhile, “Reels Visual Replies”, a feature that lets users respond to comments on posts with Reels was introduced by Instagram early last month.