Pandai, an edutech startup based in Malaysia, is on a mission to help students learn better using the power of gamification.
The company recently announced that it has just raised $2 million in funding.
About Pandai's Funding Round
- Pandai was founded in January 2020 by Malaysians Zaki, Akmal Akhpah, and Suhaimi Ramly.
- The company focuses on a learning experience centered around gamified quizes aligned to the national curriculum.
- Pandai secured $2.03 million in funding from Y Combinator, Global Founders Capital, 500 Global, Soma Capital, and Harvard.
- Other investors who participated in the round include RHL Ventures, Falnas Capital, Kembara Kapital, and several angel investors.
Pandai aims to scale and grow revenues
- Moving forward, the team from Pandai will utilize the fresh funds to enhance its technology to provide a better learning experience for school students.
- Since its inception, the company reportedly has over 300,000 students on its app.
- The company is also one of the few Malaysian startups accepted in the prestigious Y Combinator accelerator program.