Alibaba's Damo Academy, which conducts scientific and technological research, produced a report predicting technological trends for 2022.
Trend 1: AI for Renewable Energy
The amount of renewable energy output is largely dependent on weather. Therefore, with the implementation of AI, it could:
- Better predict energy capacities through algorithms and big data analytics based on weather forecasts
- Enhanced troubleshooting capabilities whereby through deep learning technology provides constant observation of grid equipment to prevent sudden equipment failures
Trend 2: Extended Reality (XR)
Through various developments in AR and VR, the concept of XR is born. XR converts data into a three-dimensional environment, allowing users to experience the virtual world physically.
The capabilities of Extended Reality (XR) :
- Reduce the limitation of geographical location with a simulation of the real world
- Promote more in-depth learning in the field of education and manufacturing
- Producing alternate worlds where users could create their own identity in gaming and social network space.
For more details regarding other technological trends by Damo Academy, check it out here.