Malaysian Global Innovation & Creativity Centre (MaGIC), one of the most notable startup accelerators from Malaysia, has just concluded the 5th Cohort of their Global Accelerator Programme (GAP).
Throughout the programme, 30 startups were equipped with fundamental knowledge of entrepreneurship, investment readiness, as well as technology readiness to take their ventures to the next level.
MaGIC's GAP also groomed startups via extensive practical programmes such as mentoring and coaching by industry experts, in-depth insights on Southeast Asia market access, introductions and new connections to regional partners, and access to capital for fundraising.
Here are the list of 30 startups and the key problems they're looking to solve in Southeast Asia:
- DemiLaut (MY), modernising traditional fisheries towards a sustainable culture
- Augmenteed (SG), redefining industrial procedures
- BlueDuck (MY), say bye bye to cash rental deposit with BlueDuck insurance scheme
- CRAFT La (MY), online creative & skill sharing platform
- Data8 (MY), digital solutions for good health and well-being
- Evetag (MY), class booking platform, matching students to the right teacher
- Forward School (MY), reimagining higher education for the digital age
- FusionQB (MY), enabling smarter customer data experience
- Global Cerah (MY), convert waste into feeds
- GrowthSpot (HK), e-commerce made human - shop online like in an offline store
- Gurulnovatif (IDN), the complete resources for teachers' professional development
- HariGaji (MY), improving financial literacy and freedom by offering earned wage access
- HeyOmni (MY), helping businesses leverage on data to build long-lasting brand loyalty
- Hometaste (MY), data-driven multi-brand online kitchen
- IOTSATA (MY), preparing talents toward the adoption of IR 4.0
- IPification (MY), building the backbone for mobile authentication of today and tomorrow
- JAZRO Technology (MY), developing digital talents
- Kewdoo (MY), connecting people with great-tasting food bu sharing photos and videos
- MADCash (MY), credit score for the unbanked
- Midwest Composites (MY), engineering alternative materials to reduce weight for vehicles
- MindAppz (MY), focusing on education e-commerce and advanced e-tuition
- My Weekend Plan (MY), helping housewives to improve their baking skills and standard of living
- OurCheckup (MY), providing platform, tools & motivation to measure your health status
- PABLO AIR (S. Korea), smart mobility delivery/logistics solution
- PETS (MY), helping pet parents to mange pet matters better
- QueueMed (MY), making personalised caed affordable for everyone
- Sealed Network (SG), connecting the world to Southeast Asia insights
- SparkFit (MY), your personal trainer marketplace
- Wellness ATP (MY), connecting you with personalised wellness solutions
- Workspez Technologies (MY), AI bookkeeping and accounting tasks for small and large businesses.
Virtual GAP's Impact
Throughout the programme, Virtual GAP Cohort-05 has impacted 79 startup founders and accelerated 30 startups from 5 countries. 8 of the participating startups came from MaGIC’s own programmes such as Bootcamps, the Global Market Fit Programme (GMP), and the National Technology & Innovation Sandbox (NTIS).
Before GAP, the accumulated 3 months’ revenue of Cohort-05 startups stood at RM7.57 million (USD $1.8 million).
As of 20th August during the programme, the accumulated revenue generated by the startups increased monthly on average of 58.66% — crossing RM21.3 million ($5.2 million).
In fact, Virtual GAP Cohort 05 startups outperformed the previous cohort in revenue generation by 37.01%.
Startups from MaGIC's GAP cumulatively have also raised a total of RM34.06 million in further funding (USD $8.3 million).