Vendfun, a hospitality kiosk solutions provider from Malaysia, has recently launched a new "Hybrid Kiosk" that doubles as a self-check-in/check-out station equipped with vending capabilities.
The patent-pending Hybrid Kiosks are currently marketed to budget hotels and homestays in Malaysia.
- Vendfun's new 2-in-1 "hybrid kiosks" allow users to check-in and check-out easily without human intervention, and even includes vending capabilities to order food and drinks.
- The kiosks are equipped with a 50-inch touch-screen panel for users to interact with as well as cashless payment capabilities.
- Vendfun is currently patent-pending, and is available for use at certain Malaysian hotels and homestays.
- The company also provides the hybrid kiosks on a rent-to-own (RTO) basis.
Why It Matters
- With the global pandemic affecting travel, more and more companies have resorted to both autonomous and contactless solutions.
- Vendfun's kiosks will also allow hotels (and similar establishments) to reduce their reliance on humans, while allowing them to increase potential revenues on after-shift hours.
- Vendfun aims to introduce more capabilities to these kiosks, such as artificial intelligence and facial recognition to cross-check guest ID cards in the future.