Log In / Sign Up
Facebook removing grey verification badge for pages end of this month.
The blue badge will not be affected.
Insignia Ventures closes second VC fund of $200 million.
It is the largest maiden vehicle by a Southeast Asian venture capital firm.
Vivo launches first 5G phone in Malaysia, aimed at business users.
The 5G spectrum is expected to be introduced in 2020 in Malaysia.
Singapore-based Shopmatic acquires SaaS firm CombineSell
The Singapore’s ecommerce company, Shopmatic sets to streamline its online offering from its CombineSell acquisition.
Indonesian insurtech startup, Fuse, raised $2 million from its series A round
Fuse closed $10 million funding in total through the first 3 quarters of 2019.
Malaysia’s 2020 budget includes boosting 5G ecosystem
Malaysia sets its direction towards digital economy.
India's unicorn, Oyo, reminds us of WeWork’s recent blunder
The high growth, high valuation company is expanding worldwide with big investments.
Thailand will host the first Ganja Festival in the world on January 2020
The festival will promote Thailand as the leading Marijuana strains developer.
BEST Inc. is diving into Vietnam’s market with its express delivery solution
The company is expanding its coverage in South East Asia.
Foodpanda's app ratings have dropped from 4* stars to 1* star due to angry users.
Riders went on strike in the past week due the introduction of a new payment scheme.
FashionValet’s Vivy Yusof and LinkedIn’s Olivier Legrand will speak at MaGIC E-Nation
Over 40 big name speakers will share their entrepreneurial insights at the event.
Meet these 8 next-gen high-net-worth entrepreneurs participating in the Innovatif+ Summit this October.
A phenomenal opportunity for new business deals and investment opportunities.
Malaysian Female CEO sells AlkaLife Group to Conglomerate in Korea.
The 32-year old entrepreneur is one of the youngest women from Malaysia with an acquisition.
Get inspired with the speakers at the Innovatif+ Summit in Penang
World-class speakers sharing innovative solutions and methods.
iCARES raises 6-figure Investment lead by TBV Capital and Angel investors.
The company now serves more than 20 communities in Johor Bahru and expanding to more states across Malaysia and Singapore.
Hmlet to expand its co-living operation in Singapore to Japan
MEC will oversee Hmlet’s properties sourcing in Japan.
99.co acquires iProperty.sg and Rumah123 portals to boost growth in SouthEast Asia
The acquisition will catapult 99.co to its target on market leadership.
HSBC to cut 10,000 jobs — the banking industry is facing deep job cut wave
Global economic turmoil frustrates HSBC and other big banks.
Stripe has launched its service in Malaysia — providing faster online business transactions
Interbank FPX as a payment option are currently being tested as well.
Laos ride-hailing app Loca to be featured at the Mekong Innovation conference in Thailand
LOCA was selected to present its final pitch at Mekong Innovative Startups in Tourism (MIST).
Demands for luxury cars rise in China, despite overall declining car sales
10 premium brands such as Mercedes Benz, Volvo, and BMW see sales spike in China this year.
2 million 5G stations being built worldwide; TikTok parent Bytedance working on its own smartphone
Wallace Ho28 May, 2019
BEAM Daily Digest 5/28/2019
This article is contributed by our partner Chinaccelerator
1. Local govts racing to roll out 5G network construction, where more than 2 million 5G base stations are expected to be invested and built nationwide by 2022
2. China's e-sports industry offers low pay and long hours where around 60% of them make less than $14,500 a year, according to Tencent E-sports
3. Alibaba reportedly mulling to raise $20B through a second listing in Hong Kong
4. Hongmeng 鸿蒙, Huawei's proprietary OS, incorporates next-generation technology
5. TikTok parent Bytedance is reportedly working on its own smartphone
6. Food tech-focused Finistere Ventures, three Israeli firms to invest $100 million in agrifood startups in Israel
7. Singapore startup Trax, which develops image recognition software is in talks to raise $100m
8. India's FreshToHome raises $11 million to expand its fish, meat, and vegetable e-commerce platform
9. Japan to limit foreign ownership of firms in its IT, telecom sectors
10. SoftBank Plans Second AI Venture Fund of More Than $55 Million to Unearth Promising Startups in AI
11. IKEA to revamp app for customers to shop remotely for products as store strategy shifts
12. BEAM is lauching Business Matching Engine using machine learning, click a button to match with right resources & customers
Getting your business in front of business owners & investors for potential customers & investment