📶 About Us
We enable humans & machines with internet connectivity at a price that they can afford.
The inspiration for Wifi Dabba came from the founders working together for the last decade in the mobile application industry and realising the biggest reason for user churn being access to cheap and affordable internet access. From having worked on ground onboarding users and facing poor connectivity issues all the time, we took it on ourselves to fix the internet access problem for the common citizen.
At Wifi Dabba (YC W17), we are building a low cost, scalable & distributed Wi-Fi infrastructure to connect next billion users online. We do this by deploying a grid of lasers (Free Space Optics) over the cities & town and bring cheap and fast internet for everyone. We enable anyone to buy 1 gig of data access at a time at a price they can afford. Sachetization of internet access is the foundation to rebuilding internet for all. We do this by leveraging crypto and blockchain to truly make internet infrastructure ownership distributed — our vision is to be connectivity layer for the Web3 world.
✨ Why work with us?
- You will get the chance to be an early team member at a fast-growth YC startup.
- You get to define the future of telecom infrastructure ownership and operations.
- We’re a tight-knit team where you'll learn a ton and have ownership.
- Opportunity to build for the next billion users.
If you or someone you know is interested, please send us your resume and any additional info (live projects, portfolio, github) to founders(at)wifidabba.com with a side note about your interests and aspirations.
If you refer us someone we hire — we’ll get you Wifi Dabba hotspot miner for no cost that will mine crypto for you.
🧵 Requirements & Responsibilities
- Strong engineering background preferably in Computer Science
- Experience architecting, developing, and testing full-stack code end-to-end
- Experience working with relational & NoSQL databases
- Experience with AWS services
- Experience working with PHP, performing unit/feature testing, and managing REST APIs.
- Experience working with Laravel is a good to have.
- Knowledge of any one frontend framework/libraries like Angular/VueJs/ReactJS.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools like GIT, SVN.
- Experience in building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications.
- Experience in designing and developing responsive design websites with any frontend css frameworks like Bootstrap/Tailwind CSS.
- Build backend APIs and services that power new products that interact with Solana (or other) blockchains
- Build front-end Web3 interfaces that interact with your backend code
- Participate in design discussions with business users, web producers and engineering teams.
- Perform requirements analysis, high-level design, effort estimation for new business requirements and feature enhancements.
- Write clean, concise, and sustainable code.
- Team player who enjoys collaborative effort.
🚀 Bonus points
- Entrepreneurial mindset (we encourage all employees to be future founders and this can be a great stepping stone towards that)
- You’re passionate about crypto, Web3
- Customer-centric and passionate about working in a small & focused team
- Previous experience building/working in telecom software or infrastructure
- Previous experience building web3 project - DeFi / Blockchain infrastructure
- Previous experience at a high-growth, fast-paced startup
We offer competitive market salary, health insurance & other benefits.