24 Sep, 2022
About the Role
As a Video Engineer at Mux, you will help build and scale powerful API-based functionalities for our core product, Mux Video. Our video engineering teams evolve our video transcoding and processing pipeline to deliver powerful features that serve a wide range of customers. We have worked on challenging problems ranging from just-in-time transcoding to per-title encoding — and we are just getting started! We are looking for Video Engineers with strong engineering fundamentals that want to join a fast-paced, creative, and inclusive Engineering team.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with your team on a technical roadmap and product goals
- Build the foundations for future media products and features
- Help to develop and evolve our transcoding platform to support new capabilities and video quality concerns
- Work on exciting aspects of encoding a wide variety of video at a large scale (millions of videos every month)
- Design, maintain, and build services and video processing tooling and workflows to enable new features that meet performance requirements
- Work with platform and video delivery teams to ensure our features continue to meet core reliability and performance SLIs as we grow and as our product evolves
Who You Are
- We are hiring mid to senior level engineers (3+ years of experience).
- You’re a strong engineer comfortable working across multiple platforms and environments.
- Solid engineering fundamentals (CS degree a plus). Strong knowledge of a general purpose programming language (we primarily use Golang, but our video encoding stack has a lot of C++ and C)
- Prior experience of working in a subset of these technologies (you don’t need to have all of them!)
- Go, C, Modern C++
- ffmpeg/libav and/or other open source media libraries
- HTTP Streaming formats: HLS and DASH
- Packaged media formats (e.g. fMP4, Transport Streams)
You'll be joining an amazing team from places like Google/YouTube, Amazon/Twitch, Facebook/Oculus, and Brightcove. We have a supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance.
We are remote-equal, with an office space in Downtown San Francisco and another in London, right next to the Liverpool Station.
- Flexible PTO with 2-week minimum + 11 company holidays
- Weekly no-meeting days + quarterly focus weeks
- Healthy work-life balance encouraged
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 60% dependent premium coverage)
- Fertility benefits
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare, dependent care, and commuter benefits
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Group life insurance
- Critical illness & accident insurance
- Travel accident insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Medical support concierge service
- Paid parental leave
- Investment in career growth and training
- Continued education stipend
- Thought leadership and peer recognition program
- Reimbursements for headphones, cell phones, device upgrades, and SVoD services of Mux customers
- Lunch reimbursement program
Mux is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. We believe diversity makes us better, and we strive to be inclusive and equitable. That’s why we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.