Technical Product Manager
30 Nov, 2022
$100000 — $130000 yearly
Hi, I’m Nick, the Chief Product Officer and one of the Co-Founders of MedMe.
Along with my co-founders Purya and Rui, we built MedMe together after identifying the biggest problem to be existing pharmacy software built 20 years ago with the primary purpose to sell drugs . Purya was a health data scientist for the government, and I was a product engineer for the Tesla Roadster, and Rui is a Pharmacist. Our team is equally passionate about using pharmacists to provide more services for patients in the community.
We are building software for an industry that has relied on paper and pen for a long time. This is why crafting, building, and constantly improving the end-to-end customer experience is an essential part of our company. It’s crucial that we listen deeply to the diverse needs of our pharmacies - located anywhere from dense urban jungles to northern remote communities - to design and build for their needs to ultimately provide more proactive and sustainable care for the patients in their communities.
MedMe’s mission is to build an all-in-one cloud-based platform that empowers pharmacists to schedule, document, and manage clinical services at scale. MedMe’s clients include the 2 largest pharmacy chains in Canada, servicing 3500+ pharmacies, and powering over ~14M patient services, including playing a critical role across the country throughout the pandemic. MedMe’s ultimate vision is to transform pharmacies from today’s dispensing locations to tomorrow’s health hubs.
MedMe has raised over $3.7M USD to date including from M12 (Microsoft’s Venture Fund), MaRS IAF, and Y-Combinator. 💡
About the Role
The Technical Product Manager at MedMe will work closely with the Product Team, Engineering Team, and Enterprise Clients to optimize delivery of our SaaS platform to both internal team members and external customers. You possess a technical mindset, with knowledge of Web Technologies such as React, GraphQL, and SQL. Using your technical knowledge, you will work with engineers and enterprise clients to create robust requirements and effective project/product planning.
You will be an individual contributor with significant autonomy, ownership, and impact throughout the engineering development cycle across the platform. You possess a growth mindset to not only continually improve engineering team efficiency but also to grow as a technical product manager.
You will have 2 main areas of focus:
- Technical Product Management (specific to a product/project): own/manage the product-development efforts from end-to-end for platform/infrastructure-related products/projects. This includes:
- Gathering Data: Using SQL and Excel to query + analyze data, and presenting the data to key stakeholders to drive decisions
- Defining Requirements: Working with technical lead and enterprise client stakeholders to understand the needs/gaps and opportunities that are solution-agnostic, and defining functionality of what the solution must meet, as well as success metrics
- Solution Design: Working with the technical lead to come up with various levels of solutions (Based on Eng effort, User experience, tech debt, etc.) and selecting the winning solution based on a documented scoring criteria process involving other internal stakeholders
- Rollout Plan: Setting and communicating timelines to all stakeholders while accounting for dependencies, effects on our clients, the product roadmap
- Product Success: Ensure the final product/deliverables meet the initially defined requirements/success metrics
- Agile project management (across all projects)
- Enterprise client management: Manage ongoing enterprise client relationships and ensure streamlined communication regarding timelines for features and bugs
- Resourcing: Work with Director of Engineering to optimize task assignment to the appropriate technical resource based on complexity, capacity, familiarity, and dependency on other roadmap items. Identify capacity limitations based on the roadmap and provide suggestions on how to grow the team.
- Estimations/Planning: Work with Engineers and Product to provide scoping and estimates for future work
- Technical Triaging/Support: Help the rest of the product team triage any CS-reported issues that require technical input and answer any general technical questions that arise
- Stand Ups: Run Daily Stand up meetings, follow up on blockers and sprint issues as needed
- Release Coordination: Coordinate releases across our customers and multiple environments (US/Canada)
What you bring to the table
- You possess a technical mindset, with knowledge of Web Technologies such as React, GraphQL, and SQL
- Experience facilitating technical discussions, including prioritization and the ability to ask questions to understand how technical decisions impact the product and users
- Experience providing feedback and inputs in technical and architectural design & solutions
- Experiencing communicating with enterprise clients, managing expectations, understanding requirements, and getting stakeholder buy-in
- You have a solid understanding of the product management process from research and planning to the execution of the product.
- You are well versed in Jira, agile methodology, and using Gantt charts/other project management tools.
- You have excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentations, demos) with a strong aptitude for communicating rationales to stakeholders.
- You possess a self-starter mentality with a penchant for building relationships and collaborating.
For us, it’s less about where you graduated and much more about your passion, drive to learn, and what projects/experiences you've had in the past.
Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed above. We believe in growth and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and are excited about this opportunity, then we want to hear from you!
How We Hire
MedMe is committed to a fair and equitable hiring process for all candidates. To ensure that each candidate’s journey is consistent and the selection process is unbiased, the team at MedMe will not be responding to any personal messages regarding this role or other opportunities.
The Interview Process
- Round 1: Phone screen with member of the team
- Round 2: Virtual 30-minute interview with Albert Lam (Senior Product Manager)
- Round 3: Complete the MedMe Product take-home case study
- Round 4: Virtual 60-minute technical interview + case study presentation with a MedMe panel
- Round 5: Virtual 30-minute interview with the 3 Co-Founders Then, references + offer!
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire on-boarding will be conducted virtually.
Annual Salary ranges from $100,000 - $130,000 CAD with opportunity for stock options
Perks at MedMe
- Flexible health benefit plan
- Full dental, vision, physical & mental health plus health spending account
- Performance development support (yearly budget for courses & conferences)
We are fully remote in Canada, however, we like to plan on-site team retreats!
MedMe is a proud equal opportunity workplace that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We’re looking for motivated and compassionate people who can execute from the ground up and support the work that MedMe believes in.
MedMe is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please share in your application.
About MedMe Health
Software for pharmacies to move beyond dispensing
More Full Time Jobs
Founding Sales Manager
$60000 - $100000 yearly