Strategy and Operations Manager
21 Mar, 2023
$46500 — $61500 yearly
About the role
Firstbase.io is hiring a Strategy and Operations Manager to work in tandem with the Product Managers, Engineers, and Designers to shape the future of Firstbase’s products. You’ll thrive in this role if you have experience building relationships with and influencing cross-functional team members, delivering high-quality projects on time, and analyzing data to produce actionable recommendations.
Top candidates for this position will have a natural desire to continuously improve the product, enormous user empathy, and can maintain a calm demeanor in high-stress situations. People describe our ideal Strategy and Operations Manager as accountable, organized, and customer-obsessed.
Firstbase is building an all-in-one Company OS to help define how founders across the globe launch, manage and grow their businesses.
More than twenty thousand founders from over two hundred countries have used our products: Firstbase Start to launch a company, Firstbase Agent and Firstbase Mailroom to manage ongoing compliance, and Firstbase Loop to get access to financial services in one click. We are building the future of company management.
Firstbase is backed by Y Combinator & our team, investors, and advisors include people from Apple, Gusto, Carta, Wise, Plaid, and many other great companies.
Why you should join
Our team is dedicated to building products & solving some of the startups' hardest problems, with particular focus on:
- Democratizing access to financial infrastructure
- Automating tasks every founder faces when running a business
- Making tools and resources more accessible to everyone, everywhere
- Building integrated solutions for founders and removing friction
- Delivering opportunity to traditionally overlooked founders and companies
- Democratizing access to knowledge
Join us on a mission to increase the number of growing companies.
Who are we looking for
We are looking for risk-takers with diverse experience able to provide fearless feedback.
You will have the following responsibilities
- Work in tandem with the Product Managers, Engineers, and Designers to shape the future of Firstbase’s products
- Lead project teams to prepare “support readiness” by ensuring that all facets of support operations, including workflows, tools, content, and change management are deployed in advance of new product initiatives, changes in strategy, or new product releases
- Collaborate with client-facing teams to ensure any new product initiatives, releases, or changes in strategy are properly communicated and are “client-ready”
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to make critical decisions regarding product strategy & implementation by providing recommendations based on your knowledge of operational capabilities and the needs of our clients
- Build strong relationships with team members in Product, Engineering & Design which will be used to advocate for improvements to the customer experience, bug resolution, and feature request development
- Decipher product roadmaps to be able to interpret and clearly communicate impact to Leadership to inform strategy and resource planning decisions ¨* Understand and be able to address all customer issues related to the product
- Aggregate and vet user feedback to drive meaningful recommendations and insights for product managers
- Gather these insights through a variety of channels and tools to accurately capture and represent the customer's voice
- Turn customer support challenges and business opportunities into a backlog of projects that reduce customer effort
- Serve as an escalation point for critical issues and incidents when they occur
- 4+ years of work experience in consulting, finance, product operations, program or project management, or customer support, preferably in a B2B environment
- Familiarity with principles of product management or previous experience working directly with product and engineering teams
- Demonstrates ability to build relationships and influence colleagues inside and outside of your immediate team in a cross-functional environment
- Excellent communication skills, ability to simplify complex topics and adjust delivery for broad audiences i.e. multiple departments and partners
- Demonstrates experience navigating difficult conversations and making decisions on the behalf of the organization
- Proficiency in constructing project plans, holding working group members accountable, and delivering results on time, all the time
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Looker, Data visualization, SQL
Some perks you will enjoy
- Competitive salary & amazing equity package
We lean on some of the best market data to ensure that we offer the most competitive compensation.
- Hybrid work environment
We work both remotely & from our offices in New York City in São Paulo – optimizing for collaboration while providing flexibility to team members.
- PTO + birthday off
We offer flexibility to allow people to relax and recharge whenever they need it.
- Build your ideal work setup
We understand that how you work is extremely important, so we provide a stipend to set yourself up for success here at Firstbase.
- Health benefits
Firstbase offers health insurance reimbursements to both US and international team members.
- Learning & development
We provide a stipend together with resources to help people grow and develop in their careers
- Amazing quarterly bonuses
Every team member at Firstbase gets a bonus calculated based on personal KPIs and company growth
If you think you’re unqualified or don’t meet all the requirements for this role, we encourage you to still apply. We celebrate diverse candidates, adjacent experiences, and simply put, good people who want to build great things. If that’s you, then we’d love to meet.
All in one Company OS
More Full Time Jobs
Senior Engineering Manager, Platform
$212800 - $265000 yearly
$100000 - $200000 yearly
$80000 - $100000 yearly
Customer Success Manager
$90000 - $110000 yearly