Sr. Technical Supply Chain Analyst
25 Mar, 2023
$40000 — $53000 yearly
As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
- Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
- Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
- Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Sr. Technical Supply Chain Analyst
We are looking for a Sr. Technical Supply Chain Analyst to join our team. You will be responsible for designing, building, and testing Python scripts and data pipelines for a wide range of statistical and predictive applications. You will provide guidance and mentorship on the technical challenges to the other members of the team by defining standards for unit testing, code design, and resource efficiency. You will help troubleshoot scripts, queries, and reporting dashboards to provide accurate and actionable data to various stakeholders across the company. Finally, you will be responsible for managing challenges related to all facets of the fulfillment process, working with management to gather feedback and requirements, and coming up with creative solutions to solve the problem at hand.
What you’ll do:
- Troubleshoot script failures and data pipeline failures, working with relevant teams to correct the source of the error.
- Develop standards for unit testing of python scripts
- Mentor other members of the team to use best coding practices and provide guidance on how to technically implement a task
- Build simulations of warehouse and network operations to test out different models of pricing and fulfillment execution.
- Develop data pipelines to ingest a wide range of data sources (REST API, spreadsheets, ShipBob’s internal database) in a scalable and efficient manner
- Build self-service applications and reports to help other departments access and make informed judgements.
- Collaborate with our engineering and product teams to embed our reports into the warehouse management system, providing our fulfillment partners with best in class dashboards on what is occurring within the building.
- Become an expert on the data collected at ShipBob to be a resource for other technical resources at the company, and advocate for changes in our WMS if critical pieces of information are not being tracked.
- Communicate results of complex analysis and projects to non-technical audiences in a clear and concise way.
- Present alternative technologies and processes to improve our data reporting and collection processes.
- Collaborate with the data team to enhance ShipBob’s data warehouse and assist with the continual development of the data dictionary.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 5-10 years of experience.
- Excellent research skills and problem solving required.
- Solid communication skills with an ability to work with different stakeholders.
- Willingness and desire to teach others.
- Expert knowledge of Python, SQL, and Power BI.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure products (Synapse Analytics, Key Vault) highly preferred.
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Supply Chain Operations
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical & Accidental Insurance
- All Purpose Leave (casual & sick time): 12 days
- Earned Leave: 15 days
- Public Holiday: 12 days
- Generous Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Quarterly Wellness Day
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work From Home Allowance
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>>Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $300M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Providing Amazon level logistics to e-commerce businesses.
More Full Time Jobs
Senior Business Development Representative
$80000 - $110000 yearly
Technical Platform Manager
$75000 - $120000 yearly
$90000 - $110000 yearly
Growth Marketing Manager
$80000 - $110000 yearly