Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer - Electrical
02 Dec, 2022
You know those loud, dirty, and inefficient generators found at construction sites, conferences, and entertainment venues? Moxion has developed a commercial-scale, all-electric version that is powerful, silent, and emissions-free. We’re pioneering mobile energy storage technology and leveraging vertical integration and a software-enabled service model to deliver last-mile electrification for our customers and communities. The Moxion team is a passionate group of humans who care about the environment and want to use technology to make a real impact at scale. Come build the first distributed utility with us, propelling the biggest energy transformation of our lifetime!
As Moxion's Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer, you will support the Sr. Supplier Quality Engineering Manager in developing world class processes for our supply base to adhere to and respect. You will be responsible for all Power Electronics, Harness & Accessories suppliers within Moxion’s manufacturing vendor base and ensure that product is delivered according to design specifications with world class quality. The individual will provide support in areas of documentation and supplier development as well as lead cross-functional initiatives to address any and all concerns related to the quality of our supplied components.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the Power Electronics, Harness & Accessories supplier base (new and existing) to define and drive APQP / PPAP requirements; develop safe launch plan and perform risk assessments
- Support design reviews, incoming inspections, vendor capacity and resource constraints; monitor key quality performance indicators as it relates to our supply base, such as DPPM and NCRs
- Execute Potential Supplier Assessments and participate in sourcing council to provide Quality Management Systems input for all new Power Electronics, Harness & Accessories suppliers
- Perform proactive and reactive supplier audits to ensure steady supply of the highest quality of parts delivered to Moxion
- Coordinate closely both with design engineering as well as manufacturing teams to ensure suppliers are properly adhering to all change control activities
- Lead resolution of supplier related non-conformances, using A3 or 8D methodology, while ensuring proper containment standards are met and root cause / corrective action data is documented and shared
- Provide qualitative input to supplier performance scorecards to focus on areas of need and partner with vendors that require additional support
- Lead cross functional discussions to investigate and drive issue resolution for high impact customer quality issues and warranty claimsOther duties as assigned by management
Skills to be successful:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Electrical Engineering, or an equivalent field such as Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial with equivalent experience.
- Progressive experience in supplier quality working with PCBA and wiring harness suppliers
- Problem-solving skills supported by structured Root Cause analysis, may include the following: A3, 8D, Triz, Shainin, etc.
- Strong knowledge of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing) and Critical CharacteristicsKnowledge and understanding of the following: ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and IATF 16949 quality systems
- Good knowledge base for tooling, manufacturing processes and manufacturing standards across battery and thermal components
- Knowledge of quality and continuous improvement tools
- Proficient computer skills that may include the following applications: Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom or similar applications
- Experience using the following measurement tools including but not limited to gages, calipers, micrometers, optical comparators
At Moxion you get
Health, dental, and vision coverage, unlimited PTO, competitive equity & compensation packages, free coffee and snacks, flexible work from home policy, access to Mountain Hardware, Columbia, Sorel, & Prana employee stores and discounts, credit to company swag store, investment in professional development courses, and parental leave program.
People are at the core of Moxion’s values. We care about growth for our people and team, this translates to an open and transparent culture. Moxion believes that diversity is as core to our business as the underlying products and technology we’re developing. Diversity in people leads to diversity of thought, and different perspectives from which to draw from, often resulting in a new or unique way of approaching or solving a problem. Diversity drives innovation.
Moxion is looking for candidates who identify with different races, religions, national origins, age groups, genders, or gender identities, and we don’t discriminate against marital status, physical or mental disability, health or medical conditions, military and veteran status, genetic information, and other classifications that may or may not be protected by law. If you can bring a unique perspective or experiences to our company, please apply. If you require any accommodations throughout the process please let us know.