What We Do:
Beacons is the easiest way to build a website that your fans will love! We help creators centralize their online brand presences, connect with their audiences and partners in a streamlined way, and better understand how to build and improve their businesses.
We're excited to tackle the rapidly growing, $200 billion creator economy. There's a huge opportunity to help creators build the businesses of tomorrow, and we're positioned to build the defining solution.
Beacons is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer who will work in React to build out our web app. As one our senior engineers, you'd play a key role in building out our engineering function and scaling our product to billions of page views per day. You'd work closely with our CTO and our other co-founders with tons of autonomy and room for growth.
As a Sr. Software Engineer you will:
- Work together with the entire team, from ideation to implementation
- Lead big parts of the product from scratch as a senior engineer
- Build products that get millions of page views a day
- Are an expert in HTML/CSS.
- Have experience building mobile first web applications
- Have some experience with design software like Figma
- Have experience with frontend testing frameworks
- 4+ years of full time professional work experience in engineering
Nice to haves:
- Have familiarity with Firebase
- Have familiarity with Material UI
- Have familiarity with Python
- Possess a customer-centric mindset and have strong empathy for creators
What We Can Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity grant. We have a standard four year vesting schedule with a one year cliff
- We give about 4 weeks of paid time off and we want you to use them! This is on top of federal holidays 🇺🇸🎉
- Platinum level medical, vision, and dental insurance with 99% employer-paid premiums for employees and coverage for eligible dependents
- 401(k) retirement savings and investing plan
- Monthly gym stipend
- Reimbursement for a home office setup. We will get you what you need to do your best work!
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. No matter what you come in knowing, you'll be learning new things all the time and we'll be here to help. Our team still has a lot to learn and if you join us, we would love for you to learn and grow with us!
Why you should join Beacons
Beacons is creating new economic opportunities for creators.
We believe that the future of work is going to see more people constructing a career (and a life, since the two are more intertwined than ever) that they really enjoy around who they are — and creators are the first wave. If you’re excited for this future and want to help us get there sooner, please get in touch!
We're currently 30+ people, half based in San Francisco and half remote.