Bento is hiring a senior front-end engineer to own critical parts of our user-facing product. You'll be working with our engineering team along with our designer. As a small team, this is a critical and high impact role in a fast moving environment. Our ideal teammate moves quickly, enjoys the full span of engaging with users, defining product UX, architecting, and implementing to learn and validate product value.
- Build new product features including:
- Our library of embeddable web components rendered inside our customer's apps
- Our low-code onboarding guide builder & rich text editor
- Optimize product for a seamless and delightful end user experience in our customers' applications that is highly performant for 1M+ monthly tracked users.
- As a senior member of our technical staff, shape how we think about engineering culture, tech innovation and scalability, as well as help grow our team.
Skills & experiences
Experiences building highly performant and secure applications and comfort with early stage startup life
- 5+ years of modern front-end engineering experience.
- Expertise with our front-end stack: TypeScript, React, Relay Modern as well as technologies such as websockets, caching, etc.
- Really helpful if you've worked at a B2B software company, or otherwise have experience building software at a fast growing startup.
Go the extra mile for a polished and performant user experience
- You are able to intuitively empathize with the end user experience across usability and delight
- Passion for crafting robust and performant software
- You love to ship quickly and are pragmatic around tradeoffs
- You're an effective communicator and responsive both synchronously and asynchronously
- You relish a fast-paced environment, but know it's important to bring people along and engage a wide set of perspectives
- Personal growth is important to you: you have a clear idea of how and where you want to grow, and are hungry for feedback, mutual growth, and ownership.