We’re on a quest to give everyone in the world data superpowers. For decades, poor usability and design have limited non-coders from using data to make decisions, measure progress, and run teams. Livedocs is a first-of-its-kind — a no-code analytics tool for everyone
Our team believes that enabling every team to wield data without learning how to code, manage pipelines, schemas, or any data drudgery will unlock a new chapter for how modern teams run.
Our goal is for every member of every team to have the metrics they need as accessible to them as their favorite note-taking app.
Take the product for a spin here
- A good communicator, the ideal candidate can communicate and brainstorm effectively. We run on product docs that translate ideas to an engineering outline
- A great eye for useful abstraction, you will be optimizing data pipelines, queries, and analytics infrastructure at scale
- A strong understanding of GraphQL and Apollo, and experience building an efficient front-end. Have worked with NextJS, especially optimizing for programmatic SEO challenges, and building a performant web app experience (Tailwind, NextJS)
- Experience working with database systems, writing efficient SQL, and using ORMs and web servers (NodeJS, Typescript, Fastify, Sequelize, Postgres)
About the role
Your day-to-day in this role will involve:
- Building UI that enables our users to build powerful data stacks, metrics, and automations for their teams
- Designing, optimizing, and improving our central data sync engine, solving challenging rate-limiting, batching, and data processing problems
- Building high-impact integrations between Livedocs and third-party APIs that enable the community to build new things with Livedocs
- Writing SQL and Typescript/NodeJS code, working with NextJS and Apollo
We’re a distributed, remote async team (🇺🇸 🇦🇪 🇦🇺 🇩🇿 🇺🇦 🇮🇳). Our working style is unique, so here’s some things you should know about us:
- We are hackers at heart. We often venture outside the instruction manual, emboldened by strong technical skills. We are not afraid to break new ground where an existing solution doesn’t exist.
- We are a championship team. We are building paradigm-shifting software, and it requires solving some difficult challenges and consistently operating outside the comfort zone. We work with a sustained high-performance approach, often requiring long hours and good prioritization skills to make ourselves available if we are the blocker on a key task.
- Being a remote async team, you are ultimately in charge of how much impact you can add. But as a championship team, we make a concerted effort to raise the bar by enabling you to take initiatives with accountability.
- Both impact and skills are required, not one or the other. We expect you to create impact for our users, team, and product, and support. In return we are here to support your career in whichever direction you want to grow.
Tech we use
Typescript, NodeJS, Type-graphql, Apollo GraphQK, NextJS, Apollo Client, Tailwind, Postgres, Sequelize, GCP (Cloud Run, Memorystore, Cloud SQL, AlloyDB, etc)