31 Oct, 2022
$100000 — $125000 yearly
An Introduction to Forage
At Forage, we believe that talent is evenly distributed, but opportunity is not. We want to build a world where anyone, anywhere, anytime has the opportunity to build vital career skills and industry knowledge to meaningfully advance their careers for free.
Today, millions of early career candidates explore Forage virtual experience programs and job simulations to learn more about the unique and compelling work our customers have to offer. Hundreds of firms (e.g. RedBull, Goldman Sachs, BCG, Lululemon, JPMorgan, Accenture and Electronic Arts) around the world showcase their work and career paths on Forage. Our global reach means we can make a direct impact on the world’s future workforce in ways no other company can.
This is a rare opportunity to work in a fast-growing mission-oriented start-up with a global presence backed by world-class investors including Lightspeed Ventures, Y-Combinator, FundersClub, SemperVirens, Arizona State University and others.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team of 12 engineers to build and maintain our web application. This individual will have an impact on the millions of people starting their careers, by helping to level the recruitment playing field.
Forage is looking for someone who actively participates in team conversations, listens to other voices and opinions, and enjoys helping the team to make sound technical decisions.
This is someone that enjoys being an individual contributor but also cares about helping the team to succeed together. This individual likes learning new technologies and is comfortable working in a constantly changing environment.
- Work within the engineering team to build and deploy product features that ship to a million and more users
- Participate in the design of technical solutions with consideration to long-term impact and improvements
- Collaborate with other engineers across our teams to deliver on the engineering roadmap, improve the quality of our codebase, and establish good coding practices
- Support junior engineers on the team
- Contribute to a team culture of inclusion, collaboration, and psychological safety
- Contributing to our engineering vision, which sets a direction for the team
We focus on hiring values-aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-belief plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. Uni degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- Previous experience working on web applications
- Experience working on complex web applications, ideally with React or similar frontend frameworks
- Experience building user-facing products
- Experience building and writing automated tests
- Solid communication skills
Why work at Forage?
Forage is a small but dynamic team of builders who are passionate about equipping people with the skills to find their dream job. We are a global team, based in offices (and home offices) across Australia, the US and the UK.
Working in our Australia Team includes the following benefits:
- Equity compensation plan
- Home office setup stipend
- Access to office space in Sydney and Melbourne (or London depending on country)
- Flexible work schedule
- 20 days of paid vacation leave
- Access to an employee assistance program and a professional development fund
- 18 weeks of fully paid parental leave for the primary caregiver and 8 weeks of parental leave for the non-primary caregiver
- Full paid day off to celebrate a holiday of choice
We celebrate diversity and we want people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences to join our team. Even if you feel like you only have some of the qualities outlined in a Forage job description but you still feel like you are the right person for the job, we encourage you to apply. We do not discriminate based upon gender, race, ethnicity, religion, color, age, religion, disabilities, sexual orientation, or other applicable characteristics. Employment decisions are purely based on qualifications, skills, and business needs.
You’ll fit in at Forage if you’re different; if you stand out from the crowd; if you have a unique perspective and you like being creative. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Online payment technology for the social safety net
More Full Time Jobs
Founding Product Designer
$60000 - $150000 yearly
Blockchain security researcher
$60000 - $140000 yearly