Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack)
30 Nov, 2022
$90000 — $140000 yearly
Hello there, I’m Michael and I joined MedMe this year as the Director of Engineering! I am no stranger to scaling healthcare technology companies and I am thrilled about leading and growing our dynamic, impact-driven team. As an engineer at heart, I thrive on building modern cloud-based applications that help make healthcare better for everyone. We’re looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our growing team, where you will get the chance to build a modern patient care management platform on AWS using cloud-native technology. Our vision and product at MedMe have already disrupted the legacy platforms in pharmacy care delivery and we would love you to join us in further excelling our impact within our healthcare system.
Co-founders Purya, Nick & Rui built MedMe together after identifying the biggest problem to be existing pharmacy software built 20 years ago with the primary purpose to sell drugs . Purya was a health data scientist for the government, Nick a product engineer for the Tesla Roadster, and Rui is a Pharmacist. Our team is equally passionate about using pharmacists to provide more services for patients in the community.
We are building software for an industry that has relied on paper and pen for a long time. This is why crafting, building, and constantly improving the end-to-end customer experience is an essential part of our company. It’s crucial that we listen deeply to the diverse needs of our pharmacies - located anywhere from dense urban jungles to northern remote communities - to design and build for their needs to ultimately provide more proactive and sustainable care for the patients in their communities.
MedMe is building the operating system to transform pharmacies into community health hubs. Pharmacies are increasingly doing more than just selling drugs, offering services like vaccinations, prescribing meds, and blood tests. MedMe Health builds software that helps schedule, document, and manage these services at scale.
Our clients include the two largest pharmacy chains in Canada, servicing coast-to-coast in 3500+ pharmacies across 10 provinces, serving millions of patients.
- Building web applications using React and NodeJS (both in Typescript) using GraphQL and a Postgres database on AWS infrastructure
- Collaborating on key technology decisions to shape the architecture and product roadmap
- Sharing your depth and breadth of knowledge through peer mentorship
- Taking an active role in developing our team and maintaining a quality codebase through code reviews, sprint planning, and retrospectives
- Working with code and project management tools such as JIRA/Notion/Figma
As an example, here are some projects you could expect to work on:
- Creating new patient and pharmacist flows (eg. intakes, modules, features) to meet the needs of both our national enterprises and mom-and-pop pharmacy partners
- Scaling our test environments using the AWS CDK (IaC)
- Working with 3rd party digital health platforms (eg. EHRs/pharmacy software, remote monitoring devices) to facilitate integration and data interoperability that allows pharmacists to deliver more personalized, proactive care
- Building & versioning APIs that are consumed by third parties
Your tech stack
- React 17+
- Node.js/Typescript with GraphQL
- AWS infrastructure (CDK or Terraform a plus)
- Typescript (both frontend and backend)
- Dockerized / Container Infrastructure
- Github & Github actions
- Slack & Giphy & Tenor (Our gif game is strong)
What you bring to the table
- You are an experienced full-stack engineer with more than a few years of experience.
- You are a team player and you enjoy working with your fellow team members to work through the ideas, problems,
- You have a growth mindset and you seek out opportunities to grow.
- Your communication style is open, concise, and effective; you can easily explain technical to non-technical parties.
- You care about the product and about the end-user.
- You are a process-builder; we enjoy working with engineers who are ready to help improve our processes and make them more scalable.
Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed above. We believe in growth and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and are excited about this opportunity, then we want to hear from you!
How We Hire
MedMe is committed to a fair and equitable hiring process for all candidates. To ensure that each candidate’s journey is consistent and the selection process is unbiased, the team at MedMe will not be responding to any personal messages regarding this role or other opportunities.
The Interview Process
- Round 1: Phone Screen with a member of the team
- Round 2: Virtual 45-minute technical & behavioural interview with Michael, Director of Engineering
- Round 3: Virtual 60-minute coding challenge + review with Michael, Director of Engineering
- Round 4: Virtual 30-minute behavioural interview with the Engineering team
- Round 4: Virtual 30-minute with the Co-Founders
- Round 5: Conduct References
- Round 6: Offer
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire on-boarding will be conducted virtually.
Annual Salary ranges from $90,000 - $140,000 CAD + stock options
Perks at MedMe
- Flexible health benefit plan
- Full dental, vision, physical & mental health plus health spending account
- Performance development support (yearly budget for courses & conferences)
We are fully remote in Canada, however, we like to plan on-site team retreats!
MedMe is a proud equal opportunity workplace that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We’re looking for motivated and compassionate people who can execute from the ground up and support the work that MedMe believes in.
MedMe is committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Should you require any accommodation, please inform us and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any accessibility-related assistance, requests for information in accessible alternative formats or to report any accessibility problems, please share in your application.
About MedMe Health
Software for pharmacies to move beyond dispensing
More Full Time Jobs
Founding Sales Manager
$60000 - $100000 yearly