Senior Software Engineer (Frontend) - Angular - Remote (UK timezone)
29 Nov, 2022
$60000 — $80000 yearly
Mission for the Senior Software Engineer (Front-End)
To create and maintain the functionality of Accredible on customer facing and internal products. To build interfaces that meet product requirements and have great user experiences.
As a front-end focused Senior Software Engineer at Accredible, you’ll be responsible for creating and maintaining the user experiences and interfaces across a product-base that serves millions of users every month. You’ll be changing www.credential.net, dashboard.accredible.com, and other web properties, alongside creating new things.
You’ll mostly be working with Angular to build our front-end applications, and they consume a JSON RESTful API. Our approach is Agile and we stick to a regular sprint cadence. We have some interesting requirements such as localization, accessibility and pre-rendering. We’re writing in Typescript, using Nx to work with many applications in a Monorepo and we use NGRX for reactive state management and follow a modular design. You’ll be deploying your work on Netlify, and helping to maintain a Cypress test suite. You’ll be collaborating closely with backend engineers to design APIs, agree interfaces and solve problems.
You’ll have a fully cross functional team to work with, including: a team lead as your manager, backend engineers, frontend engineers, quality engineers, DevOps engineers, UI/UX designers and a product manager. You’ll be responsible for a product or area of a product and we’ll be expecting high quality work but don’t worry - you’ll receive constructive feedback and guidance on a regular basis. We meet every day and everybody has input and the ability to make our work and the way we work better.
This role is responsible for:
- Writing, maintaining and reviewing code, focusing upon the front-end tech stack.
- Designing components that deliver solutions to problems.
- Writing, maintaining and running automated tests.
- Performing releases and handling issues related to them.
- Code review of team member’s work, with a focus upon security, design and maintainability.
- Contributing to the product and design decisions to ensure we build a good product.
- Mentoring junior team members, to help them grow in their craft.
- Angular 2+ experience. You will have used Angular 2+ professionally for at least 3 years. You have worked with Typescript professionally.
- RxJS expert. You have a strong command of asynchronous and event-based programming using observable sequences.
- State management. You have worked with frontend state management technologies (e.g. NgRx, redux).
- Testing expertise. You are comfortable with unit and integration testing on the Frontend.
- Build & deploy. You have experience in or understanding of various ways of doing iterative feature releases, incl. but not limited to - feature flagging, blue/green deployments, dark launch etc.
- Frontend Domain expertise. You have an applied knowledge of frontend design, development and testing and have an understanding of the issues involved in accessibility and localisation. You have proven experience of developing substantial web projects that employ a modular user-centered approach.
- Solution design. You are able to gather information on business requirements and use your knowledge of a product’s capabilities to design solutions to those requirements.
- Learn quickly. You have the ability to quickly absorb and make use of new information. You can research best practices and make use of them.
- Enthusiastic. You want to learn, grow and are excited to take on new challenges.
- Independent Problem solving. You are able to independently solve difficult technical and presentational problems and provide solutions or workarounds. You ask for help when you need it but try to solve things yourself.
- Attention to detail. You don't let important details slip through the cracks.
- Organization & Planning. You plan, organize and schedule in an efficient manner. You know which priorities are important and choose to work on those. You don't need constant input but are able to ask for help when needed.
- Results Oriented. Know what you’re trying to achieve, and measure progress.
- Proactive. Say “I intend to…” instead of waiting for permission.
- Dependable. Commit responsibly, follow through, and be intentional and open in delegating or dropping tasks where necessary.
- Prioritizer. Able to make high-leverage impacts on key areas.
- Bias to Action. Find ways forward and iterate with small steps to move quickly.
- Humble in feedback and debate. Be more like scientists, and welcome data driven debates that deliver the best possible outcome.
- Supportive. Understands that we win or lose as a team, and supports those around you.
- Ambitious. Aims to be the best.
- Builder. Looks for opportunities to improve processes, people, teams, and everything else.
- Great Communicator. Be succinct, create space for others to speak, and strive to benefit the atmosphere in a room.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary.
- 35 days annual vacation.
- Pre-IPO equity shares.
- Generous sick time and compassionate leave to support our team members’ health needs, and physical and mental well-being.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Paid long term disability (LTD).
- Flexible hours & remote work; while we fully support digital nomads, you must be able to align with your team’s predominant time zones.
- A high-energy, collaborative, and supportive high-growth organization backed by some of Silicon Valley's top venture capital investors.
- Two hours per week (paid) to spend learning anything you like, even if it is not related to your role, plus a budget to spend on learning materials (courses, books, conferences). We love education and we believe in nurturing your growth!
- A promise to invest in your growth personally and professionally. Wherever you would like to go and whatever you would like to do, we will be there to support you.
- Many additional perks!
Accredible’s solutions enable world-class educational institutions, corporate development and certification programs, professional associations and learning management platforms to issue digital, verifiable credentials, awards, badges and certificates. Through the sharing of credentials on social media platforms, inclusion in on-line professional directories, and customized data on educational and career paths, recipients of digital credentials powered by Accredible are provided control over their learning and professional outcomes. Our customers include Google, Harvard, MIT, Oxford University, McGraw Hill, Slack, iHop, GMAC, the CFP Board and 1500+ others, on behalf of whom we have issued over 31 million credentials to over 15 million recipients all over the world, with a growth rate of over 1.5 million new credentials issued per month. After first hitting profitability and then raising our Series A, the company has grown from a team of fifteen to a team of 100 plus; we are looking for exceptional people to join us along our path to becoming the world’s primary source of verified credentials and data to drive educational and career journeys. We are looking for exceptional people who will help us expand our extraordinary culture with career experiences represented by our 5-star Glassdoor rating!
Open and Inclusive. We welcome people of any gender identity or expression, race, skin color, ethnicity, age, size, nationality, sexual orientation, ability level, neurotype, religion, elder status, family structure, culture, subculture, political views, education level, identity, and self-identification. We welcome teachers, learners, activists, artists, dreamers, doers, ordinary people, extraordinary people, and everyone in between.
- Remote First. Accredible is truly a global team. From Cape Town to Vancouver, London to San Francisco, our employees live and work in the places that they thrive, wherever they thrive.
- Growing Strong. We are growing and will continue to expand rapidly. We seek to increase momentum and build a professional, scalable, and efficient team whilst maintaining our friendly, inclusive, and collaborative culture.
- We Love What We Do. Our co-founders' passion for Accredible's purpose has permeated throughout our organization... and it shows in our culture, our product, and our customer service.
More Full Time Jobs
$40000 - $60000 yearly
$120 - $140 yearly
Senior Product Designer
$120 - $140 yearly
People Operations Manager
$90000 - $130000 yearly
Data Wizard / Generalist
$20000 - $50000 yearly