Senior Software Engineer
31 Oct, 2022
$130000 — $155000 yearly
At Forage, we believe that talent is evenly distributed, but opportunity is not. We want every student to have the opportunity to build vital career skills and industry knowledge for free, and thus, give everyone the chance to discover and land their dream job.
Today, millions of candidates explore Forage virtual experiences to learn more about the unique and compelling work companies have to offer. Hundreds of firms (e.g. Goldman Sachs, BCG, JPMorgan, Accenture) around the world currently showcase their work and career paths on Forage. Our global reach means we can make a direct impact on the world’s future workforce.
Forage is a fast-growing mission-orientated company for social good, with growth opportunities for both the company and you. The company is biased towards action and its purpose is trickled down to everyone in the company. This means you will have plenty of good challenges as well as opportunities to contribute to our engineering roadmap. Furthermore, we value growth and will help you to progress on your chosen career path, whether that is as a technical lead or engineering manager.
We are looking for a senior engineer to join our team of 12 engineers to build and maintain our web application. Join us to have an impact on the millions of people starting their careers, by helping to level the recruitment playing field.
- Work within the engineering team to scope, estimate, build and deploy product features that ship to a million and more users.
- Architect solutions with consideration to long-term impact and improvements.
- Collaborate with other engineers across our teams to deliver on the engineering roadmap, improve the quality of our code base, and establish good coding practices.
- Support and mentor junior engineers in the team.
- Contribute to a team culture of inclusion, collaboration, and psychological safety.
What would a normal week look like?
- Participating in team meetings including our daily standups, sprint planning, engineering meet up, and show and tell.
- Scope and develop new features, ensuring adequate test coverage.
- Write readable and simple code to solve complex problems.
- Identify and drive work on best practices and improvements with our engineering team, by contributing to our engineering playbook.
- Participate in code reviews and provide feedback in a clear and respectful manner.
You like building user-facing products and are excited by our mission to create an even recruitment playing field. You are interested in contributing to our engineering vision, which sets a direction for the team.
You care about the quality of what you build and writing automated tests. You know the tradeoffs in technical decisions. You have experience in how to architect technical solutions in a way that supports future-proofing, writing code that is easier to maintain and extend.
You communicate technical concepts clearly. You actively participate in team conversations, you encourage other voices and opinions, and you can guide the team to make sound technical decisions.
You like being an individual contributor but also care about helping the team to succeed together. You like learning new technologies and are comfortable working in a constantly changing environment.
Pay and benefits
This role can be full time or 4 days a week. We are remote-first and can support working from any location in Australia or New Zealand.
Company benefits include:
- Equity compensation plan
- Home office setup stipend
- Access to office space in Sydney and Melbourne (or London depending on country)
- Flexible work schedule
- 20 days of paid vacation leave
- Access to an employee assistance program and a professional development fund
- 18 weeks of fully paid parental leave for the primary caregiver and 8 weeks of parental leave for the non-primary caregiver
- Full paid day off to celebrate a holiday of choice
We celebrate diversity and we want people of all backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences to join our team. You’ll fit in at Forage if you’re different; if you stand out from the crowd; if you have a unique perspective. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
At Forage, we are proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We embrace diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all. Even if you feel like you only have some of the qualities outlined in a Forage job description but you still feel like you are the right person for the job, we encourage you to apply. We do not discriminate based upon gender, race, ethnicity, religion, color, age, religion, disabilities, sexual orientation, or other applicable characteristics. Employment decisions are purely based on qualifications, skills, and business needs.
Online payment technology for the social safety net
More Full Time Jobs
Founding Product Designer
$60000 - $150000 yearly
Blockchain security researcher
$60000 - $140000 yearly