Income inequality is rising and 1 in 4 Americans have $0 saved for retirement. We understand that most people want to take advantage of their employer benefits—like a 401(k) program or employee stock purchase program—but they might not be able to afford losing hundreds of dollars in paycheck deductions every month. That’s why we built Lendtable: We help our customers max out their benefits and give them the money to replace their contributions, so they can secure their financial future without losing the money they need for daily expenses. We are venture-backed by Y Combinator, Valor Equity Partners, Softbank, and heavy hitters like the former COO of Venmo and the President of Impossible Foods.
We are looking for a highly ambitious and experienced Product Designer to lead early-stage user research + design and set the foundation for Lendtable’s design strategy and philosophy. In this role, you will work closely with our product, engineering, and growth teams to break down complex design problems and shape them into simple, intuitive and elegant solutions. You'll be responsible for designing a scalable system, defining guidelines, and building out the documentation to enable product teams across the organization to efficiently build our consumer-centered products. As an early member of the design team, you will play a critical role in shaping our customers’ journeys and constructing the objectives that drive our growth.
- Run design projects from concept to high-fidelity designs across our product suite
- Drive user experience of product features from conception to launch in partnership with product, engineering, marketing and content teams
- Set the standard and reinforce excellent product design quality at Lendtable
- Utilize design principles and knowledge of other products to inform Lendtable’s product design and strategy
- Take large scale data and analytics to drive product design and architecture
- Assimilate customer feedback received through user research, feedback and user testing
- Conduct customer interviews in order to improve product design and user experience
- Lead design initiatives and contribute to the output of the broader Lendtable design team
- 5+ years of product design experience at excellent design-driven companies Series C or later
- Experience creating functional prototypes and working closely with product management and dev teams to implement your design solutions
- Portfolio examples of complex design challenges highlighting your end-to-end design process from concept through pixel-perfect designs
- Robust organization and execution skills - ability to coordinate multiple stakeholders and projects, document progress, identify blockers, and be proactive
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in a design or engineering related field
- Work onsite 4 days / week at our office in San Francisco, CA
The expected salary range for this position is $120,000 to $185,000. The actual offer will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by relevant business considerations, including the final candidate’s qualifications, years of experience, and skillset.
We have a team culture that encourages innovation and is inclusive of all backgrounds. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Lendtable’s building is not ADA compliant, and we understand the barrier this may potentially cause. If you are disabled as defined by the ADA, Lendtable will work with you to accommodate you and your situation which may include working from home and/or other accommodations fit for your situation.