Senior Payroll Specialist
25 Mar, 2023
$15000 — $20000 yearly
As a member of the ShipBob Team, you will benefit from an environment where everything is achievable. We aim to be a place where you can:
- Write Your Career Story. Because we are solving some of the most difficult problems in global commerce, you have the opportunity to write the story that will make your career.
- Experience Global Impact and Global Connection. At ShipBob we benefit from diverse cultures and perspectives in service of the global community.
- Grow With An Ownership Mindset. We believe that great innovation comes from great transparency. We are more resilient and more creative when we have an inclusive and transparent culture where everyone knows our strengths and opportunities.
Title: Payroll Specialist
Location: Hybrid in New Delhi, India
Join our dynamic and exciting start-up environment and gain outstanding experience for your resume as a Senior Payroll Specialist. The Senior Payroll Specialist’s primary responsibility is to manage the financial compliances and accounting for the employees based out of India. This role is the key stakeholder for all employees in supporting them with any of the payroll related queries and compliances. This role requires independent working and a creative approach. The team at ShipBob is highly-qualified and motivated to provide a positive, flexible working and learning environment for team members.
What you’ll do:
Preparation and/or Review of Payroll compliances under various Statutory Laws applicable in India primarily Income Tax, EPF, Bonus, ESI, LWF etc including:
- Reconciliation of wages and deposit of various taxes.
- Review and generation of various challans, ensuring data is reflected correctly in the portal.
- Preparation of Monthly, Quarterly returns under various laws along with necessary reconciliations.
Review of Monthly pay sheet for the payroll payments including various reco for different components of Payroll, such as Flexi Income components, Investment declarations, etc.
Point of contact for employees for all Finance related payroll queries.
Proper collection and recording of employee related documents for onboarding, exit & mainly from compliance and control standpoint.
Training and assistance to employees over various aspects of Payroll related queries.
Partner with stakeholders like Admin, HR.
Assist Accounting manager in payroll relating MIS reports, Audit query resolution and reconciliations.
Additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
What you’ll bring to the table:
B.Com / B.A Degree or similar.
4 - 6 years of experience in payroll management & compliances.
Experience with managing medium to large numbers of employees is preferred.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
- Command of MS Excel.
- Good understanding and hands on experience in Payroll Softwares.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with diverse stakeholders from many countries and cultures.
- Creativity in reducing complexities and simplifying processes.
- Resilience and patience in working on iterative and complex projects.
Reports to: Finance Controller / Accounting Manager
Perks & Benefits:
- Medical & Accidental Insurance
- All Purpose Leave (casual & sick time): 12 days
- Earned Leave: 15 days
- Public Holiday: 12 days
- Generous Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Quarterly Wellness Day
- Employee Assistance Program
- Work From Home Allowance
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun Culture >>>Check us out on Instagram (@lifeatshipbob)
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions.
At ShipBob, we’re looking to bring on board people who embody our core values:
- Be Mission-Driven. We want team members that are passionate about helping entrepreneurs improve their business, and bring that passion every day.
- Be Humble. We have ambitious goals, and our team members understand that success or failure depends on us working together and leaving egos at the door.
- Be Resilient. Logistics is a complicated business. So is software. We value team members that never give up and keep iterating until a problem is solved.
- Be a Creative Problem Solver. As a startup, we value smart, innovative solutions to complex problems. We fall in love with the problem, not our “favorite” solution.
- Be Safety Minded. It’s not just talk; it’s the way you work.
ShipBob is a cloud-based logistics platform that partners with over 7,000+ e-commerce businesses to help make their entrepreneurial dreams a reality. We offer a full suite of fulfillment solutions for our merchants, including the ability to improve their transit times, shipping costs and deliver best in class experience to their customers. With an almost 100% accuracy rate in fulfilling orders and orders shipped on time, our merchants can count on us to deliver excellent service.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in Chicago with over $300M+ raised from blue-chip investors like Menlo Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, Hyde Park Venture Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, our goal is to continue to be the #1 best fulfillment technology in the industry.
ShipBob provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.