Ziina’s mission is to bring financial freedom to every person in the Middle East. We are building
MENA’s consumer financial platform, starting with a peer-to-peer wallet.
Our team have backgrounds from Apple, Uber, Oracle, Coinbase, Stanford, Careem, and Yandex. We've seen exciting traction since our launch in 2020, and we have over 22,000 users registered on the waiting list for our app, which we’ve just recently launched. We have won 8 international UX/UI design awards.
Our latest round included Avenir Growth, Goodwater Capital, ANIM, the Oman Tech Fund, Class 5 Global, Long Journey Ventures, Graph Ventures, Jabbar Internet Group, Wamda, FJ Labs - as well as the early employees and execs at Revolut, Stripe, Venmo, Brex, Checkout.com, Notion, and Deel. Ziina is also proud to be backed by Y Combinator.
Ziina is looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to join our team. We have laid a strong foundation upon which we’ve shipped our product. We are looking for someone to help us build innovative new features, prepare our technology to scale, and help shape our engineering organization to be the kind of place that bright young minds from across the region aspire to work for.
As our team is small, our ideal candidate is a creative thinker excited to solve hard problems to build something from the ground up. They can move quickly, clearly articulate tradeoffs, and have the judgement to own features independently. They are obsessive about delivering great, high quality products to our users. We are ambitious and excited to build big things, and we’d love to bring on someone who is as well.
Within this role, you will:
- Work with a world-class high energy team to deliver great experiences
- Ship robust, durable and sustainable code that will keep our users’ funds safe
- Think creatively to generate innovative solutions to hard problems
- Write tests and implement monitoring
- Review code and mentor other engineers
- Contribute not just to our codebase, but to our product and to our culture as well
- Six or more years working in iOS software development
- Excellent communication skills and a desire to collaborate
- Experience shipping and maintaining complex backends
- A strong security mindset
- Experience working on systems that handle money
- The independence to own big systems
- The ability to go from idea to release
- High integrity and a team-first mentality
- You thrive on creating order and structure out of ambiguity
- The ability to step back and see the macro view, but live for the details
- You take initiative and have a bias towards action
- You are looking to take on ownership and join a fast-paced environment
- You live in, or are willing to move to, the UAE