Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
27 May, 2023
$102765 — $213900 yearly
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr is looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join Checkr X, our innovation program aimed at finding and bringing to market new product bets for Checkr. This team is specifically thinking about People infrastructure for the future of work, beyond background checks. It’s also designed to operate and iterate quickly like a new startup, while being able to leverage our existing strengths and assets from our core business. Think about joining a startup within a startup!
We are specifically hiring a senior engineer for Checkr Pay - our bet in the payments space. Checkr Pay is a full-service payments platform for the gig economy. Checkr Pay allows gig platforms to pay their workforce instantly, seconds after completing a job - at no cost to the platform or the worker. Our core product is a digital wallet experience, including a free Visa debit card, that is embedded directly in gig platform apps/websites. This product supports a seamless onboarding flow for new workers, improving conversion by as much as 30%. Our embedded instant pay solution is the core platform on which we are building a new financial ecosystem for the gig economy, which moves the needle on financial inclusion for the unbanked and underbanked. This ecosystem includes rewards, benefits, fraud prevention, new financial products, and more. Learn more about our vision here.
We launched our MVP in late 2022, and our user-base has grown 2x/mo since then as we launch new gig platforms every quarter. Join our team as we rapidly scale our product to power the future of the gig economy!
- Collaborate with our founders and early adopters to design and implement new products
- Bring a customer-centric, product-first mindset to the table - collaborate with customers to resolve product ambiguities and ship impactful features
- Experimentation mindset - autonomy and empowerment to validate a customer need, get team buy-in, and ship a rapid MVP
- Develop new end to end web applications
- Build new industry-leading APIs
- Instrument and deploy new product experiments
- Leverage the Checkr ecosystem (systems, data) when appropriate to accelerate development of those new concepts
What you bring:
- Have founded or held early roles at fast-paced startups
- 5+ years of full stack software development experience
- Some good product sense - not every UI flow will have a mockup ready for you :)
- A strong sense of ownership from feature design through production release
- Understanding of staged rollouts and what’s needed for MVPs - imperfect today is better than perfect next week!
- A desire to collaborate with external stakeholders
We are committed to leveling the playing field and welcome all interested candidates to apply, even if you don’t meet every qualification outlined above. We’d still love to hear from you as we build a more inclusive, diverse, and accessible future at Checkr.
- Mobile development experience with cross-platform frameworks (such as React Native or Flutter)
- Experience integrating with third-party applications
- Experience creating, maintaining, and operating microservices
- Experience in securing and optimizing the applications you help create
- Experience developing platforms built using an asynchronous event-based architecture
- Experience with a variety of payment rails, including ACH, instant push-to-debit, and alternative payment methods (e.g., cash pickup)
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, see our website.
The salary range for this role is $102,765-$213,900.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
People infrastructure for the future of work
More Full Time Jobs
Frontend Software Engineer
$140000 - $170000 yearly
Founding Full Stack Engineer
$100000 - $114997 yearly
$75000 - $150000 yearly
Technical Product Manager
$100000 - $130000 yearly
Lead Research Scientist, NLP
$225000 - $300000 yearly