02 Aug, 2022
$100000 — $150000 yearly
We're looking for a sales engineer to join our founding team at Paragon. You'll work directly with our Head of Sales as a technical representative for Paragon's products in the sales organization. This is a dynamic, cross-functional role that spans sales, engineering, and support. As a pre-sales engineer, you'll be paired with one or more account executives and be our customers' primary technical point of contact. You'll take a consultative approach with customers, identifying pain points and designing proofs of concepts to help customers evaluate Paragon as a solution.
You will serve as a product and industry expert, effectively describing and demonstrating our solution as well as promoting our vision and approach. You will be a trusted point of contact for our customers, but you will also keep a focus on advancing the sales process.
You'll work with us in our beautiful, dog-friendly office in West LA. If you're currently based somewhere else in the US, you can also work with us remotely, or we can sponsor your relocation to Los Angeles.
Paragon is an embedded integration platform for SaaS apps – we enable companies to build products that integrate with the SaaS ecosystem. With Paragon, software companies can integrate with hundreds of different SaaS apps in minutes while providing their customers with a seamless, unified integration experience. Our vision is to build the connecting layer for all software that enables every application in the world to work together seamlessly.
In the last year, we've grown by over 6x and now work with nearly 100 customers around the world. We've raised over $16M from world-class investors like Y Combinator, Inspired Capital, Global Founders Capital, Soma Capital, and Village Global, and have been featured in Techcrunch and Forbes.
What you'll do
- Partner with Account Executives to drive complex deal cycles to solve critical business problems
- Drive the discovery process, helping identify customer pain points and objectives
- Design technical proofs of concepts to help customers evaluate Paragon as a solution
- Primary owner of all technical aspects of the business cycle including activities such as responding to technical questions, product demo and solution briefings, deep-dive tech discovery, explanations of our system architecture and understanding of APIs, and integrations
Who you are
- 3+ years in a sales engineering or solution consulting role at an API or developer tools company
- Experience building web applications and working with APIs
- Excellent familiarity with the SaaS and API ecosystem
- Outstanding communication skills – both verbal and written; you can distill complicated topics into something clear and succinct
- Deeply empathetic, passionate about teaching and helping others
- Confident working in a high-autonomy, fast-paced environment where you'll be responsible for decisions that influence the direction of the company
- New laptop/equipment of your choice
- Top of the line health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Annual team retreats
- (Optional) Relocation to LA
Apply here: https://angel.co/l/2wpqxH