22 Mar, 2023
$38000 — $48000 yearly
About the role
Firstbase.io is hiring a QA Engineer to be an important member of our small and nimble product team. You will be expected to wear many hats and help make influential product decisions. You lean toward the front-end, but consider yourself full-stack. You will write plenty of code, but also oversee software projects. You enjoy following good product development practices like reviewing, debugging, and testing code. You should obsess over delivering the best customer experience to a global market of founders, ensuring simplicity and clarity.
Firstbase is building an all-in-one Company OS to help define how founders across the globe launch, manage and grow their businesses.
More than twenty thousand founders from over two hundred countries have used our products: Firstbase Start to launch a company, Firstbase Agent and Firstbase Mailroom to manage ongoing compliance, and Firstbase Loop to get access to financial services in one click. We are building the future of company management.
Firstbase is backed by Y Combinator & our team, investors, and advisors include people from Apple, Gusto, Carta, Wise, Plaid, and many other great companies.
Why you should join
Our team is dedicated to building products & solving some of the startups' hardest problems, with particular focus on:
- Democratizing access to financial infrastructure
- Automating tasks every founder faces when running a business
- Making tools and resources more accessible to everyone, everywhere
- Building integrated solutions for founders and removing friction
- Delivering opportunity to traditionally overlooked founders and companies
- Democratizing access to knowledge
Join us on a mission to increase the number of growing companies.
Who are we looking for
We are looking for risk-takers with diverse experience able to provide fearless feedback.
You will have the following responsibilities
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- 2+ years of experience in a software quality assurance role at a high-growth startup
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools, especially with Cypress
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Experience with API testing, specifically with Postman
- Proficient in both oral and written English communication
Some perks you will enjoy
- Competitive salary & amazing equity package
We lean on some of the best market data to ensure that we offer the most competitive compensation.
- Hybrid work environment
We work both remotely & from our offices in New York City in São Paulo – optimizing for collaboration while providing flexibility to team members.
- PTO + birthday off
We offer flexibility to allow people to relax and recharge whenever they need it.
- Build your ideal work setup
We understand that how you work is extremely important, so we provide a stipend to set yourself up for success here at Firstbase.
- Health benefits
Firstbase offers health insurance reimbursements to both US and international team members.
- Learning & development
We provide a stipend together with resources to help people grow and develop in their careers
- Amazing quarterly bonuses
Every team member at Firstbase gets a bonus calculated based on personal KPIs and company growth.
Our product is built using PHP, Symfony, Vue ,PostgreSQL, AWS. We also use Redis, Vue Router, Vuex, Docker Compose, Docker, GitLab CI, and Graylog, and some third-party API's like Stripe. We use Slack, Clubhouse, Notion, Whimsical, Figma, and G Suite to collaborate and build together.
If you think you’re unqualified or don’t meet all the requirements for this role, we encourage you to still apply. We celebrate diverse candidates, adjacent experiences, and simply put, good people who want to build great things. If that’s you, then we’d love to meet.
All in one Company OS
More Full Time Jobs
$80000 - $100000 yearly
Customer Success Manager
$90000 - $110000 yearly
$120000 - $140000 yearly
Founding Engineer / Engineering Lead
$1 - $175000 yearly