Bits (www.getbits.app) is an app-based store card that helps people build their credit score and history.
The problem we solve is building credit. Traditional advice for building credit is to get a credit card, but there are 10 million people in the UK who can’t get a credit card - or any form of mainstream credit - at all and are effectively locked out of mainstream credit. Bits has a unique model which makes it possible for these 10 million people - and in fact, for literally anyone - to sign up, and be approved for a Bits store card in less than 2 minutes.
We’ve made it possible for anyone to build credit, without the risk of getting into unnecessary debt. We’re in the UK and the US, and have offices in both locations.
The best part about working at Bits? Well, two things.
First, the mission. Literally every day you will receive emails from people describing how Bits has solved a life changing problem that they struggled with for years. You will make a difference here.
Second, the people. We are an eclectic mix of people, with backgrounds ranging from a former NHS infectious disease vaccine delivery lead, to an Oxford maths whizz, to a former CxO at Revolut. The one thing that we all share though is our commitment to the mission - unusually for a lending company, we don’t make any money on interest, we don’t put people into debt, and we are customer-first in everything we do.
About the role:
As the Product Owner, you will own the Bits app and you will be passionate about its great user experience and delivering a best in class product. You will achieve this by overseeing the activities of a multidisciplinary team of developers and designers, defining and constantly re-evaluating the team’s roadmap. As Bits grows, you will ensure that our product vision and strategy keeps aligning with the needs of the customer.
This role is about building new products from scratch. Previous experience as a Product Designer or Founder is highly valued.
- You will have 5-7 years of experience building consumer facing digital products
- You’ve scaled a product backlog from early days to 100s of thousands of active users
- You uphold the customer experience above all else, and actively gather the latest information on customer needs to convert these directly into product requirements.
- You work hard and get stuff done, always with a positive attitude and great communication skills.
- You work in a structured and process-oriented way.
- You know how to be a leader and how to delegate in order to maximize efficiency.
Benefits at Bits:
- A competitive market salary, equity, and life insurance
- Hardware of your choosing
- Honestly, whatever else you want, within reasonable bounds. We want you to be happy.